Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom and Doom2 for PSP released

NGPSP Author

lantus,

Any word on getting TNT & Plutonium to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrone
    http://www.tapland.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1336

Thats what I used, I've tested like 5 or 6 of them, about 3 out of those worked. I know Biowar didnt work, The Wolfenstein one didnt work.

Doom 64 works like a charm, loading and saving works fine too, its 100%. Heretic works, but bad level design, and Quake 2 wad works as well (These are all under **Excellent Mods by Drumaster: catagory)

You have to rename the custom WAD to Doom2.wad then just load up the program.

If it doesnt work it will just bring you back to the PSP menu after a second or two on the Doom PSP black Init screen, if it does work it will pause on that init screen and load for a bit.
    thanks for the 411 the hellraiser one worked and the ones you said just awsome doom64 on the psp now we just need full screen

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by lantus
    folder needs to be called DOOM-PSP

LOL. Thanks Lantus! After looking at the directory it got un RARd to, I now feel like a total idiot

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by nexis2600
    lantus,

Any word on getting TNT & Plutonium to work?
    i got them to work, just rename them to DOOM2.WAD

DCEmu Newbie

Thumbs up ONE word..."Wow!"

Dear Lantus,

This port is shockingly good. One thing I am amazed at is how fast this emulator runs! For example, on my 1.6 Gigahertz athalon PC I have trouble running dosbox version of Doom. Are you able to create emulators for other old school PC games as well such as "Master of Magic" ? Becuase The control and grafix in this game look excellent on the PSP.

Thank you so much for your hard work!

Overidon

Quote Originally Posted by overidon
    Dear Lantus,

This port is shockingly good. One thing I am amazed at is how fast this emulator runs! For example, on my 1.6 Gigahertz athalon PC I have trouble running dosbox version of Doom. Are you able to create emulators for other old school PC games as well such as "Master of Magic" ? Becuase The control and grafix in this game look excellent on the PSP.

Overidon
    wow, is this your first time in a forum? . anyways, dosbox should run doom fine, increase your cpu cycles on that sucker untill it is running smoothly.

as for psp running old school dos based games... is x86 emulation possible on the psp?

DCEmu Newbie

The one bug I've noticed so far is a weapon lock bug where, when switching weapons the gun will just start firing on its own, and never stop. If you try to quit while this is going on it freezes up the PSP.

Also, missing the ability to jump is IMO a bug, because you cant play Doom 2 without that button.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by overidon
    Dear Lantus,

Overidon
    D00D. PSP-Doom is a port. The source code for Doom was released by ID ages ago. Hence the reason it runs so great cause it aint emulating anything. It's running purely on the PSP processor.

But it'd be kinda nice to see some type of dosbox emulation for some of the old school pc games.

DCEmu Newbie

oh! so you would need the source code for Masters of Magic in order to get it to run so well on PSP! I see...thanks!

DCEmu Newbie

Unhappy

I cant get this to work. I have a 1.5 firmware and Im using KXploit tool.

I have put the files in a folder called DOOM-PSP and doom1.wad in the /wad directory. But when I choose to start doom1.wad it shows some text and then returns to the pspmenu. Anyone got any idea as to what Im doing wrong?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information