Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DS Reader

Blog Entries

NDS DS Reader

Heres an entry into the GBAX Coding Comp 2007.

Release from Eddie Park

eBook reader for Nintendo DS with customizable TrueType font rendering. Requires DLDI patching.

Download Here

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Warning: MAKE A "DSReader" FOLDER ON THE ROOT OF YOUR CARD FIRST!

If the folder is not present, DSReader will create the folder itself. On my Supercard miniSD, this corrupted my card and I had to restore the data from my backups.

If you create the folder yourself however, it's a really cool program that's worth checking out. The ability to use fonts I normally use throughout Windows is very nice, and the ability to change font sizes on the fly is also great. My only wish is that the scrolling could be made in smaller increments than one page. For instance, with Moonshell you can just scroll one line at a time, whereas with DSReader you must scroll one page at a time.

This is the first Ebook reader I think I've EVER used that actually worked as good, if not better than the Built in Ebook reader on my GBAMP v2.

Thank you VERY much!

DCEmu Newbie

it is cool homebrew! But how about russion texts? (i mean coding?

DCEmu Newbie

Nice work.Does it support chinese & japanese chars?

Nice program. I wanted to note that it seems to have trouble with long file names when using bookmarks. If bookmarks don't seem to work look in the library section under bookmarks and change the file name of the document being read to the one referenced in the library and it seems to work fine.

DCEmu Newbie

I can't get it to read some of my txt files. I have over 12 ebooks already on my DS that I use Moonshell with, but DSReader will not load them correctly.

The Alice in Wonderland that comes with it works fine, I also loaded the entire chronological order to all the Star Wars Extended Universe novels, which also works with a few added "[EDIT]"s added in.

Anyone know why the rest of my txt files will not read? They still work in Moonshell.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeezer View Post
    Nice program. I wanted to note that it seems to have trouble with long file names when using bookmarks. If bookmarks don't seem to work look in the library section under bookmarks and change the file name of the document being read to the one referenced in the library and it seems to work fine.
    Yeah the bookmarks only work for filenames shorter than 5 (not sure now) letters (the bookmarks save the last 5 letters of the original filename), and now i have a folder with about 100 books, so it is impossible to change all the names so they will only be 5 letter long

Another really really cool feature would be to allow the DS to go vertical like a real book. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement this, but there's no doubt it would be the most badass thing ever. Especially with your beautiful interface. Just my two cents

Thank you! I was searching for one! Thank you again!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information