Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [UPDATE] Xandu's Media Player 2 1.2B [BETA]

Yeah, the psp's volume sucks.

Cheers Xandu ! Thanks once again for your great application. And good luck in the competition.

PSP User

Nice! Much improved, dling now and will provide another report (but I'm sure it won't be as long since you fixed a lot!)

Well, every release it looks better!

The volume boost isn't a bad idea, it would be great to have some EQ too (if itsn't too hard to implement)

Another good feature would be not stoping playback when you get back to the browser.

Great release thanks

Thought I'd make a bug report.

It tends to crash after you let it play through several songs on its own (the black reboot screen would appear right as it starts the next mp3, which would still play all the way through). In my tests, it normally occurred after playing through six songs (error on the seventh song).

Please note this only happened when I let it automatically go through songs, compared to manually switching to the next one with the R button.

Also, after a song crashes in the above fashion, if you press start to reboot, although the menu opens again, if you try to start another song afterwards, it immediately crashes again. If you press start to reboot after this second crash, it only loads the coding competition page before crashing again.

If you instead go back to the PSP's XMB instead of pressing start to reboot, it's working again when you re-enter the application. Perhaps there's a bug in the reboot mechanism?

Regardless, this media player is really starting to shape up. Keep up the good work, Xandu

DCEmu Regular

Can this do folders in folders?
    EX: "ms0://PSP/MUSIC/Hatebreed/Supremacy"
    Because I know the PSP XMB player can't do that.

great job xandu! *downloading*

Yay the font is better now!
    Come Visit Homebrew Heaven, Where you'll find the latest gaming news and downloads!

View My Coding Blog

The Return of The Lounge!
    Mario Gold Rush
    Current C++ Project: To be Announced soon on Homebrew Heaven

Currently Coding in: C++ for the PSP

PSP User

OK, so again great job, big improvement yet again. Here's my report:

Good Stuff:
    -Font fixed. This makes an amazing difference. Just like I had imagined, it looks much cleaner, more professional, and more awesome.
    -Weird sounds reduced (though still present, they are better.)
    -When you play a song and push next track a few times, the last song played is now the highlighted song! Much better, but there is a problem with this (I will get into that later in the bugs section).
    -Play/pause icons now fit in with the background
    -Play icon now shows automatically when you start playing a song (before, you'd have to pause and then unpause to get the play icon to show)
    -Scrollbar issue fixed, but still not perfect (I'll get into that later in the bugs section)

Bugs:
    -Weird sounds when skipping tracks still exist though reduced. Could they be completely fixed if the mp3 was stopped (not paused) before going to the new song?
    -Going next or previous track a few times changes the highlighter to be on the last song played. However, it doesn't work like that when on "Shuffle mode".
    -The scrollbar doesn't overlap/have 2 scrollbars anymore, but it still doesn't start at the top (which would be ideal). Small bug, though, and should be low on the priorities.
    -Slide transitions still don't work anywhere except going from Library to Now Playing and visa versa (they don't work when going from the main menu to Music Quiz or Settings or visa versa)
    -When you finish the last song in the list, and go to next track it still doesn't go to the first song.
    -Not really a bug, but I noticed on your screenshots have a background image, but it seems to just be white for me. I checked my brothers iPod Nano, and it is just a white background, so I'm not sure why your screens have that anyway.

Suggestions:
    -Add ability to continue playing music while browsing the menus. I know you said it would be crackly, but maybe we can figure that out if it is enabled.
    -Add fast forward/rewind options. If it's too hard, how about a "skip 15 seconds ahead/behind" feature? It would be neat if you could use the analog clickwheel during the Now Playing screen to move forward/back in a song just like a real iPod.
    -Add the Shuffle Songs option to the main menu (that's how it is on a real iPod).
    -Add an option to sort songs alphabetically.
    -Exclude non-playable files from the library.
    -Add support for other ID3 tags (I know someone who can help with this).
    -Once other forms of ID3 tags are supported, remove the filename from the playing screen (it won't be needed if the tags are shown).
    -Add playlists! The author of LightMP3 may be able to help here, but he coded in C so it might not be too helpful...just a thought, though.
    -Add option to Sort by Artist or Song (or Playlist, when they are added). This sorting could be done either using tags (first choice), or by the filename if all songs are named like "Artist - Song.mp3".
    -Add a Clock with date and time (I think this is pretty easy to add, just call up what the PSP says)
    -Add Brick (aka Breakout)! Very fun game . Would be awesome if you could play it while listening to music.
    -Add Solitaire. Would be awesome if you could play it while listening to music. Brick is more wanted by me, though
    -Add photo support ...haha I barely have any photos, but I was just throwing it out there.
    -Add Video support, I know this is very hard, and I don't even expect it to be put in, but again, I'm just throwing it out there.
    -Add Contacts.
    -Add Calendar.
    -Add Notes.
    -Add Stopwatch
    -Add About screen (Lists number of songs, number of photos, capacity, available space, and version).

OK, the last 8 suggestions (that I highlighted in green) are really just so that we could have a full out iPod with menus like this:

Spoiler!

So, basically I'm saying don't even consider those last 8 green suggestions until a LONG time from now when everything else is working

Anyway, I think a menu like this would do just fine for now:

Spoiler!

One last suggestion:
    -Have a poll and see how many people think the formats other than MP3 are needed. If it's not too many, you could remove support for the other formats in order to increase memory. I'm not sure how it's handled in the program though, so this may or may not help memory. But, if having only MP3 support would help memory (so you could use the new memory to maybe implement my first suggestion !!), I would be all for it!

OK, that's it for my report. Dang that was another long one...Still up for beta-ing if you want

Edit:
    One last suggestion:
    -Make the music quiz more like the real iPod one. Basically just do these things: If the person is wrong, have it display "incorrect" and also show the correct answer. And time should be in hundredths of a second (so it starts at 1000 and goes down). Then, when you answer correctly, the time that you answer the question in (in hundredth of a second still) gets added to your score (which starts at zero). In addition to showing this score, the number of correct answers out of the number questions ASKED so far should be displayed (right now it is the number of correct answers out of the number of total questions). Lastly, fade out wrong answers as time goes down.

OK, one more suggestion:
    -I agree that the analog could scroll a little faster when at the top or bottom of the screen (it scrolls faster between the top and bottom of the screen, though).

It's nice to see this is still in development.

Keep up the good work!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information