Thread: Donk Screenshots !

Dreamcast Donk Screenshots !

Dan Potter posted a first batch of screenshots from Cryptic Allusions upcoming new Dreamcast game Donk:

These are still a little rough; there are some jaggies around the enemies and the HUD hasn't been updated yet. The main character in these is Juggs.

DIGG THIS NEWS

More info about Donk:

A commercial Dreamcast game published by the GOAT Store.
    Donk is a 2D platformer in 640x480 high res starring a Samurai Duck and featuring a simultaneous split-screen 2-player mode.

This was a side-scrolling platformer from the Amiga era. It was semi-big in Europe but not so much so in the US. I got the code for a DOS port a while back and I've slowly been updating it to a usable state. It's based on Tiki now, and runs full frame rate with acceleration under OSX and DC. The DC port is the one that will be released (at least in the near future). The original artists have been brought back on board to redo the artwork to full 640x480 glory, and our DJ Geki is contributing some new music to the soundtrack. It will also feature redone menus (they were kinda hideous ).

Source: Cryptic Allusions Forum

Ouch Donking me on the head with all this usefull info... Bah Feel like im in school again ;P game looks fun.. one thing i have noticed with the home brew games though... they look and feel maybe even smell homebrew :P i love the scene here though... to bad i didnt stumble acrossed it about 3 years ago when i had time... I most likely would have 2 or three games released.... currently working on a Turn based strategy game.... Its going to be Awsome!!

It looks really awesome! I though the game would get the same graphics, but they are doing a nice job!

DCEmu Newbie

Looks very good!!! i hope to play very very soon!!!!! keep the good work guys!!!!

up the Dreamcast!!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

looking rather nice.... looking forward to it

Thread Information