Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP Genesis v0.1 - New genesis emulator with sound

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kato
    Anyone consider the possiblity that Sougen might just be...oh, I don't know....busy?
    Yeap. That may be why he didnt reply to this thread lol...buy you never know.

DCEmu Newbie

Ok, ok, I'll stop. I just find it hard to believe that Sougen could be "busy" all of a sudden. His posts in this forum seem to have ceased immediately following goblindojo's request for the source code.

I'm just saying, dojo could have just as easily PM'd sougen asking for it, instead of raising this crap about licenses...

Yes, he's supposed to release the source code along with the emulator, but, as other users have said, he hasn't made an actual full release yet. We're just testing it to iron out all the bugs so that it can be released, source code and all.

My take on why sougen is gone is that he's just been busy trying to get the emulator completed to such a degree that it can be called "v1.0" rather than .12. And this could take months.

Blog Entries

patience people, just be happy for what you have already, Sougen released such a good few first releases that a little wait will be a good thing to play nearon perfect Genesis/Megadrive emulation.

DCEmu Newbie

I would also like to request that ZIP support is added to the next release.

DCEmu Newbie

Default problems

So does this freaking emulator import systems because I have the american psp version 1.51 and the emu is not working at all. Just curious?

Quote Originally Posted by goblindojo
    I wanted to have the source because I wanted to improve the emulator. If you wish to understand the requirements of the GNU GPL I refer you to the GPL FAQ.

Apart from that I have no intention being involved in any kind of flame war, so you might as well quit wasting your time.
    improve...or make ur own.... I kind of had a feeling thats y u complained about it.

Anyway I want to give a bow to the creator of this EMU, you have done an excellent job. All the requests I have have been added to this forum already. I am glad to see that someone has made such great progress! You are a credit to the community! Please stay with us and I like One Tone Bullet's idea, private Beta's. I keep a list of compatable SNES games and NES and SNES EMU's going here on the forums. I would love to add ur Gen EMU and such a list to my thread if it helps u at all ^-^

DCEmu Newbie

but still does this only work for the import psp because my psp is having that error situation and that swap trick is not working.

As far as I know if u have version 1.51 or above u can not use any Homebrew only 1.0 and 1.50

And no there is no way to downgrade, and we are not sure when 1.51 will be broken. But it will just like 1.50 was So give it some time!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jeisu
    I have to applaud your efforts. I tried it on my psp and my gf's and it works well on both, mine is 1.0 hers is 1.5.

I recommend this if you want the sound, it runs very damn well.

EDIT:
    Ah, forget the problem, I accidently took out the .fnt file.... ^^;
    Just added it back in and now I can see it on hers too.

The sound is very damn good for a first release, to be honest this doens't feel like a .1 it's more like a .7

If you guys want sound on genesis emulators, try this, it's great...
    Hi, i have a 1.5 psp can you please tell me how you got the genesis emulator to work on yours?

Cheers, Dan.

Thumbs up

First - a very big THANK YOU! to Sougen for this excellent BETA!!!

OUTSTANDING!!!

Second - iDan,
    Quote Originally Posted by {iDan}
    Hi, i have a 1.5 psp can you please tell me how you got the genesis emulator to work on yours?

Cheers, Dan.
    Simply follow this easy walkthrough from Sephiroth (very big THANKS! to you as well for this Sephiroth!) for the 1.5, you can't go wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by {Sephiroth}
    OK real quick step by step. Get this: http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/kx....5_psp-dev.rar Install it. Plug in your PSP to your computer by USB and in the PSP menu go to the USB transfer option. Run the KXploit tool you just installed. In name put the name of the folder (it doesn't really matter for most, PSPGENESIS is fine). On PBP file select the eboot.pbp that came with your PSP homebrew app. On the PSP unit tab, if you followed the steps earlier and you PSP is in USB transfer mode, select the drive name it is (for example mine is g:\). If you can't see your PSP drive press refresh it should come up. Then press generate files. Go into explorer, find your PSP and put everything else (eg. system.fnt or the roms directory) into the folder called PSPGENESIS and NOT PSPGENESIS%. It should load up after that. REMEMBER: This is for 1.5 PSP's ONLY.

Thread Information