Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP Genesis v0.1 - New genesis emulator with sound

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by slik da relic
    the reason i brought up the yankees/red sox? yankees were up 3 games to 0... yet lost 4 games to 3... thats all. it can happen. just ask Buster Douglas...lol

da relic
    I understand the point that you were making about unlikely things occurring, but it was completely within the realm of possibility to happen, and it did. think about it this way: It's like the Red Sox vs the Yankees, only the Red Sox players are all 3 years old. They may or may not be able to play baseball, but it's certainly guaranteed that they won't be able to play very well. The PSP, if it can emulate the Dreamcast, will not be able to emulate it well enough to merit writing the emulator in the first place. Dreamcast games can also be up to 1GB in size. You would need to buy a 2GB memory stick in order to store one game and the emulator, as the actual space available is always slightly less than the size listed on the label.

But, with any luck, the next generation of handhelds can do it, or you could try to build a portable Dreamcast yourself.

But, getting back on topic, Sougen should concentrate on getting Genesis emulation working perfectly before worrying about other Sega systems. That includes the Genesis add-ons...

DCEmu Newbie

Hello ALL!!!

Why does everyone always 'assume' that all the space on game discs is used? Usually it isn't...TRUST ME.

For the record there are countless games for the Dreamcast that fit very nicely on a CD; not that I or others out there no anything about that. Same as these UMD discs that can hold 1.8 Gb yet many games fit on 512 cards...Somewhat related; the PS3 games will be on disc that will be 'able' to hold 54 gigs of info (I think...) do you really believe that EVERY game will use anywhere close to that space?

-----------------------------------------------------

Anyway, 3 games with noticeable bugs...

Golden Axe: the blue magic potions don't show on screen

Desert Strike: stalls at mission briefing at the start of the game

Forgotten Worlds: SEGA screen and TITLE screen don't show up on screen BUT when you press start several times the game starts up fine.

Thank you so much for this emulator. The way it is now makes me very happy. I know you'll improve the interface and the 'crashing' very soon.

cheers

im just happy we can even HAVE this conversation.

da relic

WOW the latest version of this EMU is a awesome. Took me a while to realise that SAVE STATES had been added LOL

I should really read those README's!

Most games work fine for me but I have a problem -

When exiting the EMU from the ROM selection screen the PSP locks up.

This EMU really needs an options screen that it brought up by pusshing the anoluge nub, and from there we should be able to do save states and exit the emu. Right now I know I'm going to push SAVE when I mean to hit LOAD at some point! lol

Awesome Emulator though, much better than DGEN, that one locks up on me and gives me corrupt games all the time.

DC emulator for PSP? LOL! OMG some of you are too funny. :P

good emulator ^^
    sougen, are you working on the save state feature?
    I really miss it :/

One bug I've noticed is that when I play Warsong, the character sprites sometimes become disaligned with the backgrounds.

This is by far the best genesis emulator out there in my opinion. It runs incredibly well now that you can 333hz it.

Default help with genesis emulator

I can't get the psp Genesis to work. I have version 1.5 I am putting the eboot.pbp and the system files into following directory: psp/game/PSPGenesis. The genesis logo appears on my PSP but it gives me an error. Can anybody tell me what I am missing or doing worng?

i dont know whats exactly wrong but go here, and just take an already set up one with backgrounds.

da relic

Quote Originally Posted by Raiser
    Now, I'm no expert on coding emulators, but what does the probability of one baseball them beating another in the playoffs have to do with the capabilities of the PSP vs the hardware specs of the Dreamcast? The PSP is a beast in the hardware department, but not only does its hardware have to be more powerful than the Dreamcast, its hardware has to be miles ahead of the Dreamcast in order to be able to emulate the DC's hardware, unless it uses similar processors that can run the DC's code almost natively. (correct me if I'm wrong.)

An N64 or PS1 emulator is a little more likely, but it's doubtful that they will fare very well either. Besides, think of the strain on the already weak battery!
    shut up, he was just trying to prove is point that anything can happen these days, don't take everything so literally.

Thread Information