Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP Genesis v0.1 - New genesis emulator with sound

This is awesome. Thanks and well done!

There is one thing thats been bugging me about all these geesis emus is the lack of support for 6 button pads but thats just me being picky because most of my favourite games are fighters that work better with the 6 button pad

Aladdin
    MK
    MK II
    MK 3
    UMK 3
    Virtua Fighter 2

can be added to the working list!

DCEmu Newbie

WOW! i signed up to this forum just to tell you how talented you are and how excited i am the EMU can run this good on your first build. do you have plans on working on the snes emu? that would be sweet. i notice i had too unzip my roms on this version (for people who cant access there roms). snes please.

DCEmu Newbie

Method A will not work with this emulator unless you have version .2 of mswaptool. I hope that helps! I also have the .fnt file on my main card only, not the boot card.

DCEmu Newbie

So far I have tested:
    Phantasy Star 4 - NOT WORKING (crashes when I try to hit start during the intro)
    Shining Force - WORKING
    Shining Force 2 - WORKING

DCEmu Newbie

This emulator doesn't overclock the PSP, it simply runs it uncapped...

All this means is (as the processor was built to run at 333 MHz) it provides a better overall performance, and the PSP gets a bit hotter- little to no risk of overheating, though.

Overclocking would be having the processor run at, say, 366 MHz or 400 MHz.

DCEmu Newbie

O
    M
    G

WOW really really nice

Yu Yu Hakusho - Makyoutohissen (J) [h1].bin Works ok few compatibility issues

Yu Yu Hakusho Gaiden - Makyo Issen (J).bin same

DCEmu Rookie

If I am not mistaking the only reason why the psp has a cap on it's processor speed is to increase it's battery life.I stand to be corrected if I am wrong.

DCEmu Newbie

This hard-froze my PSP on Ecco rom. I had it loaded for about a minute then the entire thing just froze up. Ussually the PSP shuts itself off in that case, but not this time. I had to remove the battery from the back of the system to fix it.

crashed halfway through first race in roadrash 2. Very good emu though. I eagerly look forward to the next update.

DCEmu Newbie

Default 333mhz is not overclocking

Quote Originally Posted by aseddon130
    tbh i dont think id risk using this emulator because it overclocks the PSP so it could damage it ... great work tho !!!

I don't know who was the first to say it "overclocks" the PSP, but if you read up on the specs of the PSP You would know it is not overclocking at all. Several upcoming PSP titles will be utilizing the full 333mhz potential, and we are just using it early. The PSP was set to 222 because too many people were complaining about battery life, and 222mhz cuts down the drain on battery.

Let me just say this, me and a whole lot of other people have been running the emus at 333mhz for many days now and not a single person has reported anything bad happen to their psp...it does not even get warmer to the hand. If you want your PSP to get warm turn on the WiFi switch and use that for about an hour then you'll have a nice toasty handwarmer

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread Information