Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP Genesis v0.1 - New genesis emulator with sound

DCEmu Newbie

This is an amazing emulator. The only problem I have is when I save games. Does anyone know if game save is emplemented in the release. I have been trying to play some RPG's but can't get anywhere because I can't save. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrone
    Besides that fact that it makes it work.
    Oh. Does anyone have an eboots that are already done this way? I'm busy all this week...

Default two bugs

I've noticed 2 bugs. one in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and the other in Sonic The Hedgehog 2.

In S3&K: There is no water. you can jump into water, and it has the same effects, slow down, higher jump, and the splash. But you can't tell it's water visually. Just looks like a normal part of the level. Do you not have transparecny created yet?

In Sonic 2:The enemies seem to hurt me when I'm spindashing or attempting to attack them.

but man... AWESOME! AMAZING! This is by far, the BEST emulator on the PSP that i've used. I can't believe you have it running so amazingly. The sound is perfect, as well as the framerate.

however... I've noticed a bit of a problem with scrolling backgrounds. If you load Sonic 1 on it, and go to Starlight Zone (Up, Down, Left, Right, then A+Start at title for level select if you want to check this out) you can see the background of the city skyline "blinking" if you could call it that.

but still man, this is an AMAZING emulator, I cannot wait for the next release. GREAT job. PLEASE, keep up the GREAT work! ^^

EDIT: BTW, these ROMS were formatted as .BIN files.

DCEmu Newbie

My PSP is fairly new and was purchased in Canada, so I assume its a 1.5 - so is the official verdict then that this emulator DOES NOT work with 1.5s? I followed the instructions and a screen came up telling me it could not load the "game" and then gave me a string of numbers similar to this: 800023001 - BUT, when I went to the disk option under "Game" the genesis icon did appear...just didn't boot up.

I'm using OSX - is this an issue? Is the functioning ROM extention for this emulator .SMD? (if/when i do get it to work). If anyone has got this working on a newer version, like another person already asked, please hold our hands and walk us through....thanks in advance.

DCEmu Newbie

Default where are the roms

hi there
    i down loaded your latest emulator, but i can't find any of the roms featured on the posts (sonic blast etc)
    where can these be found
    thanks
    nlindenj

Blog Entries

Freeware roms can be found at http://www.pdroms.de

We or any other site forum we not link or tell you where to get commercial roms for obvious reasons.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Beyonder
    My PSP is fairly new and was purchased in Canada, so I assume its a 1.5 - so is the official verdict then that this emulator DOES NOT work with 1.5s? I followed the instructions and a screen came up telling me it could not load the "game" and then gave me a string of numbers similar to this: 800023001 - BUT, when I went to the disk option under "Game" the genesis icon did appear...just didn't boot up.

I'm using OSX - is this an issue? Is the functioning ROM extention for this emulator .SMD? (if/when i do get it to work). If anyone has got this working on a newer version, like another person already asked, please hold our hands and walk us through....thanks in advance.
    I'll give it a try, but first do me and everyone a favor, (and anyone else with a brand new psp, check the System Settings in the PSP Menu, see if it says 1.5 or 1.5.1, of you have anything above 1.5 you are screwed.

Youll need the MSwaptool .02 which available on the PSP EMULATION sistersite, and you will need two Memory cards. If you downloaded the first mswaptool, there you can find the Adobe manuals in EN, FR, SP. and instruct you how to go about it.

Anyway for those in a rush, take any emulator, and in the mswap program when asked for the directory, load the Eboot.pbp file and in destination, just pick anyplace for you will be copy and paste to the MC1 and MC2 (Memory Card) MC1 could be your 32mb one and MC your bigger one.

make sure if you use ex. GAME/TOOL/PSPGenesis everything looks the same on the other card

you could put your roms in MC2 with the eboot but place roms in "ROMS"

finaly turn on your psp, with MC 1 in it (make sure there are no UMD in psp) go to game, and look for the Launcher program.

have MC2 ready and change it as soon as you "X" the program to launch (just get it in their before the White PSP Bios screen disappear.

Congrats PSP 1.5 should be running your Emulators. you could also download SNES 9x for 1.50 its already been formatted and all you need to do is go in to the MC1 folder copy the file to that MC, then go to MC2 and copy that file to MC2.
    *NOTE: some programs require the .fnt that might be with the Eboot so simply put any extra stuff in the MC2 with the eboot file. EVERYTHING MUST BE IN THE GAME FOLDER TO WORK and be PLACED in the SAME folder NAMES the MCs Compliment each other.

Hope this helps

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by fls_27
    This is an amazing emulator. The only problem I have is when I save games. Does anyone know if game save is emplemented in the release. I have been trying to play some RPG's but can't get anywhere because I can't save. Thanks in advance.
    So far I've only seen SNES have a save slot feature, Genesis dosent. Not sure about the others, I am still try EVERYTHING on my psp since i am new to all this stuff that has "Suddenly" been made available to me

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel
    I tried using the MSSWAP method to get this to work on my PSP v1.5 but the only thing I see is a red gradiant screen with a line at the top, can someone please post a walkthrough for what to do to get this to work with the swap trick? I would really appreciate it! (Also, do you rename your rom to ROM.BIN?)

-Thanks!
    make sure you put the system.fnt file along with the eboot file.

is it ever going to support full screen thats all it is missing now. i was playing madden 97 runs real good also mortal kombat 2 played perfect great emu nice work now just make it full screen

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information