Page 12 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP Genesis v0.1 - New genesis emulator with sound

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sougen
    Thanks for testing out the sram feature.

but if what you say is true, I will no longer release anymore updates until I have fully finished the emulator and feel it is ready to be released with the source code.
    I just wanted to share with everyone the ability to play back all the old games that we used to love. I in no way want any credit for it. But if this violates the gpl, then I will comply with it and stop releases until I can release the source code.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Please no. I will kill myself (kinda ) if you stop releasing new betas.

Everybody loves to test out your new releases. For the love of god...dont stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtear
    Just wondering, is it just me, or is SRAM saving not working on Phantasy Star IV?? I just tried it, set sram save to "y" at the rom selector screen, and played up until the very first time you can save. saved on the first slot, then used select to go back to the menu, and restarted the game. When I went to the title screen, no saves are there, just "Start", as usual. :-(
    Yes this is indeed true. SRAM does in fact not work with Phantasy Star 4. Havent noticed any freezing with PS4, but I didnt play it very extensively being theres no save feature and all. Oh well, moving on to original Shining Force now or maybe some PS3 Anyways Ill post any bugs I encounter.

Hey keep up the good work sougen! Your efforts are MUCH appriciated.
    I wish I had the knowlage to start coding my own programs... Can you tell me what language this prog is written in? I dun know anything about it at all.(C++?)
    Oh and how long have you been programming for?

Looking forward to your next release as always! Thank you again.

PSP Coder

sougen-
    this is amazing and I wanna thank you for this. Really all I've wanted is my NHL 94 on the go and now it works about 98% well.

These bugs are specific to this game, but maybe they can help you locate bugs with other games.
    When the "organ" is playing (the arena music) everything gets really choppy, but when the music stops, it runs perfectly.
    Random freeze. One time happened to me at in-game menu screen post-game when the soundtrack track finished playing (it's supposed to loop.. maybe something before it looped caused a freeze?)
    Settings are: line, 333, sram: y

Anyway, great job and keep it up.

Oh and re: the source. Here's the take on it from what has been happening so far in the "scene".

Ruka and Mirakichi both used GPL'd programs for their emulators with full intent on source release. They both knew that under the GPL they had to, and both waited for 1.0 releases when the source was cleaned up and commented and ready for anyone to pick it up to release it.
    Not a soul complained about it being "illegal" since they had full intent and reputability amongst the community.

You fit into that category with sites and fellow programmers; we understand you will eventually abide by the GPL and release the source; it just has to be tidied and at a state of "okay.. now YOU code!"

I'm not saying ignore the GPL in any way, just have intent based on reputation.

Fantastic work! I have been waiting for this for a while!

I havn't tested it yet but will when I get home.

Is there anyway we can donate money to you? Like a paypal donate or something? I would like to reward your hard work since it will bring me a lot of joy!

I can now stop playing Megadrive games on my N-Gage and go BIG SCREEN!

DCEmu Newbie

Default New but not new

Hi I'm new to all this and I'm probably what you call a NOOB. I'm posting in the Genesis pages because I would like to get started. I have already done the Super Nintendo and it works great. So, can anyone please reply to me and tell what has to be done different for the Genesis emus and roms to work. I have version 1.5. Thanks to all.

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spweener
    Hi I'm new to all this and I'm probably what you call a NOOB. I'm posting in the Genesis pages because I would like to get started. I have already done the Super Nintendo and it works great. So, can anyone please reply to me and tell what has to be done different for the Genesis emus and roms to work. I have version 1.5. Thanks to all.
    You really shouldn't have to ask maybe spend a little time reading in the forums and there you go. the main point is to use this emu though its by far the best.

On another note I can't seem to save on Sonic 3 and Knuckles I hit select and restart the game and it has no saves. I do remember to make the sram feature on before starting game so I really have no idea why its not working.

Quote Originally Posted by spweener
    It'd help if you were more specific and told us the problem you are having. The roms are just .bin

Did you include the font file with the main eboot?

Default Bug/Suggestion

Excellent emulator, however it seems the new SRAM save hing doesn't work great for every game. Phantasy star 4 was mentioned earlier, and anther one which I have difficulty with is Sonic 3 combined with Sonic and Knuckles

DCEmu Newbie

Default New but not new

It'd help if you were more specific and told us the problem you are having. The roms are just .bin
    Did you include the font file with the main eboot?
    To Mr. McDougal:
    Okay, I get the .bin for the roms. But I don't understand the "font" file. And also where do I get the eboots from? If I have to use the swap method, do I use the same ones as the Super Nintendo?
    Again, Thanks to all

Thread Information