Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: overclocking the psp

DCEmu Newbie

Currently, the psp is running at 222MhZ which is 2 thirds. This is not becuase of the games or the firmware but because of the battery. At time of the release sony only had developed a battery that could run for a couple hour at 333MhZ. I have heard about recalls of all psp's and will be sent a new stronger battery, but you wont get any higher life. The reason that they wouldnt make you buy the battery is because they did specify that it was running at a lower speed.
    This is news that has recently been found. But I'm pretty sure that we will see games that are better faster and stronger in the future with know charge to us. The thing that it would most improve would be the load times which at this time, is the worst thing about the psp.

Tanner

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by nexis2600
    Some tidbits.

I did a short sofware test trying to push above 333 but i see no difference which leads me to believe it wont accept past 333. I will have to play with it some more.
    Thanks nexis2600, I've been curious about the potential for overclocking through the software.

DCEmu Newbie

so the only disadvanage to boosting the psp to 333mhz is a loss in battery life?

yes kash, thats right, the only real disadvantage to running on 333mhz is a significant battery drain, which will hopefully be fixed soon with a better battery (tho ive already seen several 3rd party external battery packs and the like)
    but until sony gives the OK, no 333mhz official games for us

DCEmu Newbie

I tried to run NBA Showdown and Tiger Woods at 333 w/ the 2.5e annd neither of them launched... I am running the actual UMD not a pirated version.. I was just tring to reduce load times!

Well. Why cant we add a better quartz crystal with possibility to change a speed with a small switch and add one of those tiny mills=D?

Blog Entries

Holy crap 4 year bump ftw

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information