Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash card recommendations...

DCEmu Newbie

Default Flash card recommendations...

Now, I've been using an M3 DS Simply for a few months now... But I would like to get a decent Slot2 Card.

I'm considering either the Supercard (One of the Lite editions) or an M3 (Perfect?)

Which is "better"? I'm not worried at all when it comes to pricing.

Thanks.

The Supercard will have slowdowns in some GBA games due to having slower RAM. The M3 Perfect has faster RAM, which is why it is more expensive.

With both, you can use your M3 Simply as a NoPass device if you need to boot them into DS mode for any reason.

http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967

Once you know how to use this (which is real easy), you'll have absolute acess to the GBA library for one which I've yet to find a GBA title that did not run, though a few need patched to run, they will run.

Also this will allow you to use the Opera web browser and it will give you rumble features.

Works perfectly with my M3 simply!

If you get one and need help, just msg me!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by XDelusion View Post
    http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967

Once you know how to use this (which is real easy), you'll have absolute acess to the GBA library for one which I've yet to find a GBA title that did not run, though a few need patched to run, they will run.

Also this will allow you to use the Opera web browser and it will give you rumble features.

Works perfectly with my M3 simply!

If you get one and need help, just msg me!
    Absolutely incredible...

I am buying this right now.

One question, how do you move data to the card? I have an old ezflash flashlinker that I use Littlewriter with. You think that would work?

When you have an EZ Flash 3 in1, you have to use the Memory card on your Slot 1 device to store GBA titles on, which would all go in a folder called "GBA".

So for example let's assume you have an M3 Simply, R4 or what ever and a Micro SD card with it. What you have to do is run a special program to from your M3 Simply to boot into GBA mode from your EZ Flash 3 in 1. You will then have a menu with the contents of your GBA folder from your M3, and from there will run GBA titles.

DCEmu Newbie

Excellent, I get it, that Slot-2 evokes the GBA bit of the DS that Slot-1 can't launch on it's own.

Brilliant, thanks again for this heads up!

Exactly!

Well that and the extra memory for the Web Browser and vibration support for Metroid Pinball and what not.

DCEmu Newbie

Hey, that looks pretty good... It does run homebrew right?

Another question, Will my DS need to be flashed to use it? If so, what chance is there of bricking the DS in the flashing process?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by w00tman X View Post
    Hey, that looks pretty good... It does run homebrew right?

Another question, Will my DS need to be flashed to use it? If so, what chance is there of bricking the DS in the flashing process?
    Yes, it runs homebrew! There's soo much good GBAHB i've missed out on since ditching my GBA for the DS. I can't wait to try out all the new stuff that's surfaced since I left.

Also, you don't need to flash your DS, you just need a Slot-1 flashcard that is capable of booting Slot-2. Slot-1 is the DS sized slot, and Slot-2 is the GBA sized slot.

Forgive my lack of knowing specifically why or how, but the DS can't go into "GBA mode" unless it detects a GBA game pak in Slot-2. So a combination of a Slot-1 and Slot-2 flashcard will essentially give you the best of both worlds.

I already ordered mine to go with my R4, $19.05 US, shipping included. <3

The cart itself actually controlls the running of GBA software, it just requires the Slot 1 card to depend upon for storage, and to manage your games and software for the EZ Flash.

As for Homebrew it seems 50/50, some great games run, some others dont', but that's the ONLY problem I've had with it at all. And with the new NDS Station, you can run a large amount of your GBA games as NDS game, meaning you don't have to load a separate menu for your GBA titles anymore...

...well any games below 16Mb.

Best $20 I've EVER spent, makes the M3 Simply "PERFECT"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information