Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genesis Plus Build 070720 Released

Blog Entries

GC Genesis Plus Build 070720 Released

Eke-Eke has released a new version of Genesis Plus the Sega Genesis/Megadrive emulator for the Nintendo Wii/GameCube.

What's New?

[Genesis]
    - corrected TeamPlayer support: fix multiplayer in Gauntlet 4 (Sept. version), Pengo and a lot of others
    - added J-Cart support: enable multiplayer in Codemasters games (Pete Sampras, Micromachines games, Super Skidmarks)
    - added serial EEPROM autodetection: fix games with bad SRAM informations in header (NBA Jam TE)
    - added SVP faking: display 2D graphics in Virtua Racing (the game is however still unplayable)
    - added support for more internal IO registers: fixe some unlicensed games (Wisdom Tree games...)
    - added preliminary support for unmapped protection device: fix some unlicensed games with special built-in hardware (Squirell King, Lion King 2...)
    - added "Soft Reset" combo (in game, use L+Z triggers): this should be like pressing the RESET button on a real Genesis and this is required
    in some games to enable special features or even complete the game (ex: X-Men).

[NGC]
    - added separate configuration for PortA/PortB inputs (GAMEPAD, MULTITAP or NONE, see Joypad Config): this let you setting PORTB as unplugged, which is needed in some games to access special modes or enable cheat codes (Alien Storm, X-Men...)
    - Freezestate & SRAM files are now compressed (using zlib)
    - FreezeState & SRAM files can now be saved/loaded to/from SDCARD: located in /genplus/saves/ from the root of your SDCARD
    - changed initial ROMS directory for SDCARD user: now looking for /genplus/roms/ from the root of your SDCARD
    - added user-transparent SRAM autoload (detection order is MCARD then SDCARD, SLOTA then SLOTB)
    - "System reboot" is now used for console reboot and SD/PSO reload (if detected)
    - added new font: now use original IPL font, extracted from Bootrom
    - modified controls when going into the rom selection menu (DVD or SDCARD):
    . use B button to go up one directory
    . use Z button to quit the file selection menu
    . use L/R triggers to go down/up one full page
    . use Left/Right buttons or Analog stick to scroll the selected entry's filename when it can't be full displayed
    - various menu rearrangment, minor bugfixes & sourcecode cleanup

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

what do i need to name the roms folder? GENROMS?

GENPLUSROMS? or do I need to make a fodler called GENPLUS then another folder in that simply called ROMS?

Ah, I figured out it was the latter.
    Yet another great emulator by the master

This work´s in XENO chip ?

Does this play 32X games?

DCEmu Newbie

Why would you want to play any of the 32x games?

lol because I never have.
    And Doom for the Super NES was pretty bad... and i think we are still a long way away from a N64 Emulator for GC.
    Anyway, do you know how to get the Game Genie to work? It doesnt seem to matter if I enter the codes before I load the game or on the in-game menu- they still dont do anything.

DCEmu Newbie

Well I finally got this to work. I had my rom file named as "GPROMS" as that's what the previous versions of Genesis Plus looked for, but this new version you need to first create a folder called "genplus" and stick that on the root of your card, then you stick your rom folder called "roms" into that folder. I don't know why it was changed like that, but oh well no big deal.

Anyway, I'll try the Game Genie codes sometime to see if i can get them to work. Try thisthough: Select a rom from your SD Card in the "load new game" menu, but don't actually begin playing the game. Then enter the game genie codes. Then start to play the game and see what happens.

Any luck?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information