Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMS Plus PSP v1.2.3 - Sega Master System and Game Gear emulator for the PSP

Blog Entries

psp SMS Plus PSP v1.2.3 - Sega Master System and Game Gear emulator for the PSP

Uberjack has updated his Sega Master System and Game Gear emulator for PlayStation Portable

Heres the whats new for this release:

20% speedup in emulation speed with new 8-bit video rendering
    Option to turn off FM emulation (an additional 48% improvement in emulation speed - all games now play at 100% speed with VSync enabled)
    Various small bug fixes

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Rookie

Nobody read the Homebrew and emulation subforum? ^_^

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69271

Great work with this emulator

DCEmu Rookie

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by gelon View Post
    Nobody read the Homebrew and emulation subforum? ^_^

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=69271

Great work with this emulator
    Yes, but it should be posted always in the PSP News Forum. Next time post it in the Submit News Forum and then a Staff member will move it to the News forum

Tested Shanghai, didn't hear any FM instrument whereas they should be there.

DCEmu Legend

Its great to see new emulator releases such as this. The PSP homebrew scene is stronger than ever in all departments.

We've got updated downgraders, 3.51 custom firmware, and new emulator releases. Life is good!

ahh the good old days i remember when you closed the master system it had a game preloaded called alex the kid

DCEmu Rookie

Well I have to say,
    I applaud you uberjack, excellent update.
    Not only is it a great update but also a great speed boost in emulation. Now I can play my games at 222mhz to save my batter and gain more playtime.
    Now in my opinion, I don't think you need to update the speed anymore. You have now reached a level that I'm sure everyone is pleased at and if you can't gain more speed some how or someway, go for it. I just believe it is fast enough that only my one mentioned bug is needed to be adressed and fixed.
    Yep, Sonic 2 and Sonic Chaos still has their music playing way too fast. The main problem is probably because of what MMsplus gets it's problem. Here is what Brunni said about the problem from his emulator that makes the games music run fast (sonic 2 and Sonic Chaos):

For the PAL / NTSC problem, in fact it's a very weird problem; games will detect the actual console model not by reading a register but by testing the CPU cycles that happen per scanline, on NTSC it's 228, on PAL it's 273.
    The problem is that MMSPlus's CPU cycle timings are not really accurate (that's why some games only run with Z80 overclock, btw), and even if I virtually emulate 228 cycles per line (that is, NTSC), actually more instructions will happen, making the game to detect a PAL unit instead of a NTSC one. It will then speed up the music so that's it's correct at 50 fps, and of course if you play it at 60 fps it will be too fast.
    I've still not fixed that problem and I don't even know if it will be possible (btw a lot of other SMS emulators have this problem; being cycle accurate is very hard and sometimes cpu-hungry).

Now if you can fix this One problem, you've got yourself a perfect sms/Gamegear emulator and your emulator will be replacing a certain one on my memory stick !

awesome speed improvement
    thanks Uberjack

DCEmu Rookie

MMSPlus run GG games in 166 mhz mode

PSPMaster run SOME GG games in 133 mhz mode (less cpu speed emulator ever in PSP)

Both are the best GG/MS emulators ... but the Akop work is great

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information