Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NES/SNES/Genesis Emulation on PSP.. is it good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Haisook View Post
    It does slow down but only during crowded scenes with lots of action. Otherwise, it's very playable. Of course we do appreciate the developers' work, but it's not a matter of just taking a look at your favorite old game on your PSP and say "Wow.. it works!". It's about progressing through the game, saving, and loading. The state/sound issue is really critical in my opinion.
    If I'm going to think about it that way, I'd have to say I'm more impressed with SNES emulators on the DS. Not that the emus on the PSP aren't awesome... But with all the hype they get by "PSP fanboys" you'd imagine they'd be perfect.

In reality, the DS and PSP SNES smus are on the same level. Sure the PSP can play almost every single rom without glitches... But the DS plays every compatable game at 100% full speed (you can tell I'm not one to pick form over function). Same could be said about Genesis (though the DS emu doesn't have sound at the moment).

And with NesDS having both fastfoward and rewind functions, plus full speed and save states... I'd like to think I made the right choice :thumbup:.

Now, don't start with the flaming guys. I made a valid point!

DCEmu Newbie

Genesis emulation on PSP (via DGen) is perfect. It never slows down; no sound issues.

If only the PSP screen had less ghosting!

You can also emulate MS-DOS(you know...the thing before Windows), it plays most games well but it's kinda complicated to map the controlls at first. You have to individually make .BAT files for each game and map the controlls. There isn't a way to map them right off the emulator. Also...you won't be able to type cause there is no onscreen keyboard(use a DOS file manager that uses the mouse instead of typing to open games). I don't think you'd be able to memorize this.

DCEmu Newbie

Why would anyone try to emulate MS-DOS? Its games suck anyway.

Haisook try not to post multiple posts at once in a row as it will lead to you getting getting a warning.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information