Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why all the sony hate?

Lightbulb Why all the sony hate?

It seems to me that people hate whoevers in the lead.
    I mean sure you can hate a company thats brought you all these awsome things.
    Sure you can despise that they dont want to lose money because people are finding ways to be entertained on the system they made for the purpess of makeing money.

As much hate that is being generated tword sony.
    Truthfully and i pose this question to those that know whats im saying.
    If you created a system and brought it out for the purpess of makeing games, wouldnt you encrypt it out the ass to make sure that nobody else could take your paycheck away from you?

Answer however you see fit, but we all know the true answer.

Hate a company that makes a machine and abandons it.
    Hate a company that doesnt give its consumers whats they ask.
    But dont hate sony.
    As far as i can tell even admistd its compition,sony has done more to make the consumer happy then any other company around.
    If you can get past personal hangups about firmware and other small quifs, I believe most people could see this.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by shadowprophet
    It seems to me that people hate whoevers in the lead.
    I mean sure you can hate a company thats brought you all these awsome things.
    Sure you can despise that they dont want to lose money because people are finding ways to be entertained on the system they made for the purpess of makeing money.

As much hate that is being generated tword sony.
    Truthfully and i pose this question to those that know whats im saying.
    If you created a system and brought it out for the purpess of makeing games, wouldnt you encrypt it out the ass to make sure that nobody else could take your paycheck away from you?

Answer however you see fit, but we all know the true answer.

Hate a company that makes a machine and abandons it.
    Hate a company that doesnt give its consumers whats they ask.
    But dont hate sony.
    As far as i can tell even admistd its compition,sony has done more to make the consumer happy then any other company around.
    If you can get past personal hangups about firmware and other small quifs, I believe most people could see this.

I hate sony because they are cheap when it comes to quality of their products. Its a direct result of their profit loss and inability to meet the demand of the PSP. I fear to send in for a replacement PSP (Mine has 5 stuck pixels) because I KNOW sony will send me some rejected refurbished system as a replacement, and I'll be in a worse situation then I was to begin with.

My DS had a dead pixel, and Nintendo sets it up so that you request a new one, they send it, once your brand new one gets to you, you send your broken one to them, and everyones happy.

Sony will never have that kind of commitment to their customers, becuase they spend all that money to market and make their systems, leaving nothing left over to fix its problems.

Cool

a picture is worth a thousand words....

I still love my PSP but I'll never buy another SONY Console System (I only have a PSX)

ah, i love that picture.

i think nintendo has always cared more for its consumers than any other company, sony had some problems with their ps2 and its cheap parts, while other the previouse gen consoles (including the DC in my book) were built like tanks.

i only hate ea because they bought the rights too the nfl and now the best football game ever made nfl2k5 can no longer be made. im also not a big fan of nintendo because they only care about the kids make some damn games for the adults enough of the mario crap nintendo hasnt had a new game idea in years im not talking about the ds thats differnt just seems like they just keep making money off the same old stuff how many mario partys can anyone stand

Dream Coder

this is an off topic thread.

also, Sony isn't in the lead buisness-wise when it comes to videogames. Nintendo remains to be making more money off of its games than Sony or Microsoft.

One of the big reasons I dislike sony is because of their lies. There isn't really that fine a line between hype and lying, but sony clearly crosses it every time they launch a console. Even worse than this is the un-educated fanboyism that they create. By hyping so much, they draw in those who don't care to do real research about what they will buy and simply believe what they are told in commercials or whatnot, that creates a userbase who will defend it to the death because not only do they believe the lies, but know that if the lies were false it will make them regret their 300+$ investment. Now I'm not saying all Playstation users are idiots, far from it, but if this forum alone would be used as an indicator, the DC section users vs. the PSP section users... well....

DCEmu Regular

i dont hate "sony", i am just erked that the dreamcast related stuff gets drowned here at dcemu.co.uk by psp stuff. i do my "bump for dreamcast thing", cause.... um i have a DC. i don't have a PSP, or ps2, or xbox, and i love my dc dearly, and this is / was the hottest place for dreamcast stuff. i do have an old psx, stopped plying it about 1 year max after getting my dc.

Cool a tounsand pardons *oh ye who could lock my thred but didnt :D

Sorry about the off tipic nature of the thred quzar.
    But even the unprudent nauture of some of my posts have meaning.
    I like to stir things up,get people excited and then listen to there comments.
    Its quite entertaining at times

Cool

I think alot of DC users (myself included) have a thing against Sony for the very reasons that have been mentioned. I remember when people were still waiting for PS2 units about a year after the DC release. Sony just kept bumping back the dates for new units and all the Sony "fanboys" kept waiting when they could have been having a great time playing PSO on Dreamcast.

PS2 never had any interest for me and PS3 won't either, but the PSP is one sweet little bugger of a machine...so I couldn't resist and I'm glad I didn't.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information