Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: thoughts?

DCEmu Newbie

on another note, i think snape really hated harry, a lot. since he was a constant reminder of the fact that james got lily in the end. however protecting the children of the woman you love/loved is just one of those things you have to do; especially when the persons dead and you cant dispute it with them! last living reminder of lily an all that.

DCEmu Newbie

yep i reckon your right. best place to hide a tree is in the forest an all that, and it was a bit junky looking. also i suppose he didnt think any1 knew what it was, he did get it in albania or wotever! i still think voldemort's a tit tho lol

DCEmu Newbie

well obviously hes a tit! lol but ah well

DCEmu Newbie

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Vendelay View Post
    I also worked the wand ting out and there were a lot of other things too, more important things. But Harry always seemed to realise it just a chapter after me. So J.K probably wanted the reader to understand those...

I don't think she wanted us to know for sure about Snape until the end though, but when they found the sword I was 100 % sure it was Snape's doing.
    It was so obvious. It had to be someone alive, since there were no way Dumbledore could have known they would visit that place. And only Snape would have had the possibility to switch the sword into a fake one and give the real to Harry.
    Lol well i was stumped! I DID think it might be Ginny! I feel like a turd now, it seems absurd having read the ending, but I thought her Patronus might have changed into something like the female version of Harry's because they're all besotted n all that. And it's mentioned a few times that she's back from Hogwarts on Easter Holidays, I thought she might have followed Ron somehow to the woods but stayed hidden because she knew she'd be in trouble for leaving the house if she was caught...

In hindsight it all seems quite far-fetched now but you know, when you reading your minds goes off on theories of its own doesnt it

DCEmu Newbie

Default so many deaths!!!

i have to agree that 19 years later was so lame....i hated it.....if JK meant that was the part she had written long ago....then she should put it in the shredder!! albus severus potter??? whaaa???

oooh question....how did neville get the sword outta the hat....i thought griphook stole it hmmm???

Lemme know i was half-asleep when i was reading...mighta missed something hehe

oooh i knew harry was a horcrux:thumbup:

true gryffindor pulls the srowd out the hat?

btw his name wont be albus severus potter like you people are making out! it shis middle name. So his name will be Albus Potter. Does everyone call u by ure middle name lol?

DCEmu Newbie

Neville could pull the sword out of the hat because he was being brave by chargeing at voldy to kill the snake and since voldy was dumb enough to bring the hat out and put it on Neville's head the hat was right there so he could pull it out.

I loved that part when Neville killed the snake!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Vendelay View Post
    I think the book would have been much better without the "19 years later" part. I hate too happy endings.

I don't agree with you about finding out everything at once or nothing at all. I think that the one thing that made this book really good, was how secrets where revealed in small portions, and not just everything at once. I also liked that I almost always figured things out before Harry. I really admire writers who can make the reader understand with just a few hints. It makes me believe in the story much more, than if I have to wait until someone explains it.

I didn't know he was a horcrux, but I had definetly thought of it as a very possible theory. But since I didn't think Harry would die, I couldn't really believe in the theory...
    i usually hate happy endings myself but i think rowling is completely justified by the journey to the ending. the book was really unorthadox in a lot of ways and i thought the happy ending was kind of tounge in cheek. btw who else felt totally prepared to let harry die, that it would be alright if he did near the end?

i wanted harry to die too, before i read the book. but now having experienced the moment when i thought Harry was walking to his death to save the people he loved - ( i was sobbing uncontrolably) - i realised i would not be able to cope if harry died, the injustice of it would haunt me forever- more tragic than shakespeare. it would just be too tragic to endure.

Even having finished the book last night, and knowing "all was well", I started crying at random moments throughout the day ( though silently, not shaking uncontrolably as i had done whilst reading) by simply remembering the moment when harry thought he was walking to his death in the book.

I don't think JKR could have finished it in a better way, but i can hardly bear the thought i'll never read a new adventure about harry ron or hermionie, and all the characters i loved.

yes, i've fallen in love with fictional characters.

gah. how embarressing. i'm sure i'll get over it.
    does anyone know who hugo and rose are named after?? and who victorie is in the end??

and why does aberforth have sirius's other mirror?? is that explained?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information