Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: "19 years later" epilogue a bit too much?...doont read if u havent read the book!

I think if you think about it for a second it is incredibly straightforward how dumbledore pwned grindelwald although ive only just realised. Let me try and help you... Where did grindelwald get the wand and how did he achieve it? What happened to Voldemort when he took the wand although he had not won it? dddduuuhhhhh

Also i think the closer was briliant finished the book off happily and didnt give too much information. It was the lack of information that wa sbrilliant rowling hasnt tied herself down so there is still plaenty of room for her to explore his sotry (cough make some more money) without worrying it would be non-canonical with the end of deathly hallows

Default Hogwarts Encyclopedia

I too was very disappointed in the lack of future info on all the characters. But I believe that this lack of info is because it makes it easier for JK to make a future book. I saw a Today show interview that she is planning to write an encyclopedia of all the characters and their full stories, e.g. what happened to all of them, plus whatever info didn't make it into the books during editing. So may all our questions be answered in another 2 years!

From interview:

In her first tell-all interview since the release of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,” J.K. Rowling told TODAY’s Meredith Vieira she "probably will" publish a Potter encyclopedia, promising many more details about her beloved characters and the fate of the wizarding world beyond the few clues provided in the seventh book’s epilogue.

“I suppose I have (started) because the raw material is all in my notes,” Rowling said.

The encyclopedia would include back stories of characters she has already written but had to cut for the sake of narrative arc (“I've said before that Dean Thomas had a much more interesting history than ever appeared in the books”), as well as details about the characters who survive “Deathly Hallows,” characters who continue to live on in Rowling’s mind in a clearly defined magical world.

Hogwarts, for example, has a new headmaster (“McGonagall was really getting on a bit”), and Rowling said she can see Harry going back to give the "odd talk" on Defense Against the Dark Arts. That class, by the way, is now led by a permanent professor since Voldemort’s death broke the jinx which didn’t allow a teacher to remain in the position for more than a year.

DCEmu Newbie

I think what rowling did give us in the epilogue was great, but she did need to elaborate much more. I was really curious about what Ron, Hermione, Harry, etc. did for a living after Voldemort's defeat. It leave's you hanging way too much, especially knowing that you'll never know cuz that was the last book...

PSP User

I agree that they could have at least added an extra chapter saying a bit about what happens after Voldemorts death. As for their jobs, they're all famous so probably wont need jobs however it would have been good to see the expansion of SPEW

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetalninja View Post
    I think if you think about it for a second it is incredibly straightforward how dumbledore pwned grindelwald although ive only just realised. Let me try and help you... Where did grindelwald get the wand and how did he achieve it? What happened to Voldemort when he took the wand although he had not won it? dddduuuhhhhh

Also i think the closer was briliant finished the book off happily and didnt give too much information. It was the lack of information that wa sbrilliant rowling hasnt tied herself down so there is still plaenty of room for her to explore his sotry (cough make some more money) without worrying it would be non-canonical with the end of deathly hallows
    Harry R you wierdo, commenting at middnight!
    and what is canonical?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Political Reasons?

Does anyone thing thay the epilogue was added for political reasons?

I read on wiki she said on the Richard and Judy show she might kill Harry off, so other writers can't make stories up what Harry does after Hogwarts. So instead off Killing off Harry she writes a epilogue nineteen years later, basically the whole point of that was to say Voldemart was still dead because his scar never hurt no more and Harry lived happily ever after!

Also not happy with epilogue!!!! Wanted to know what everybody's occupations was and who had kids etc, but Rowling said she might be writing a encyclopedia on every character so hopefully it will say on that .

DCEmu Newbie

her encylclopedia isnt goin to include characters, just the wizarding world, and shes going to put in it stuff she didnt use in the books

You guys think too much. I thought the lack of info in the epilogue gave enough room to say in our own heads. They lived hapilly ever after and leave it at that. Also it showed how the start of a new wizarding era has come.

id rather it was nice and clear though, why? Cuz its the d@mn end!! There's nothing else to come now so we'll never find out!

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

Quote Originally Posted by 7thBookAFailure View Post
    id rather it was nice and clear though, why? Cuz its the d@mn end!! There's nothing else to come now so we'll never find out!
    What else would you want to know???

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information