Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "19 years later" epilogue a bit too much?...doont read if u havent read the book!

Default "19 years later" epilogue a bit too much?...doont read if u havent read the book!

In my opinion, the epilogue was totally unsatisfactory.....rowling should have given more info about the characters.i mean about what happened after the battle...when did harry n ginny,ron n hermione got married,whats goin on about george now that fred's dead,is Shacklebolt still Minister of Magic,We find out that neville's a proffessor now...what about him?im wondering if hes married to luna?!Wheres Harry Working?,is he finally an auror?is hermione working?if so what as?thr r just too many damn questions!Rowling cant change the final chapters of the book now but i hope thrs another release..something like a pre-epilogue chapter which tells us what the bloody hells happened....

DCEmu Newbie

I totally agree!! Along with what you said, what happens with Tommy Lupin? Is he a werewolf? Who does he live with? etc. I really wanted to know what happened in the hours, days, months and maybe the first couple of years after the defeat of Voldy. Besides that the epilogue was sooo corny, with nameing the kids after the dead people, not to mention confusing as hell...

Default Elder Wand

If having the Elder Wand makes you undefeatable in a duel then how did dumbledore defeat Grindelwald who was using the elder wand. Surely he would have been defeated considering how close dumbledore and Grindelwald were in magical ability. Considering again that it was this wand alone that allowed Harry to defeat a much greater wizard when harry did not even have possesion of the wand?

Any ideas anyone???????????

DCEmu Newbie

it doesn't make you undefeatable it is the most powerful wand but some wizards are better than the owner so can defeat them! but it doesn't mean that you have to be like when malfoy disarmed dumbledore that was classed as a defeat because he separated the owner and the wand! the wand when used is better than any other but it does not make the owner indestructible so it the attacker would be able to disarm kill... whatever as long as he was quicker than the person with the elder wand... does that make any sense?

DCEmu Newbie

I think the book would have been better without the epilogue so everyone could make up their own story about what happened afterwards. When J. K. said in interviews, years ago, that she had already written the last chapter. Did she mean the epilogue?
    Because then it would make sense. Back then the books were more childish and not as dark. This would have been a nice epiloge to a book like Harry Potter and the Philosopher stone. But now it seemed out of place and corny.
    I will just try to forget it and pretend it never existed.

i actually really liked the ending. i thought it was cute;; but i agree. i wish they went into more detail. maybe she will? i doubt it though.

DCEmu Newbie

mystic sentinel

i totally agree wiv u on that one, i was really looking forward to the book and i believe it is the best of the series, but that ending was pretty crap to be honest. i wish jk had gone into alot more detail in the epilouge. i hope she will bring out a extra book about every1's future. i would love to find out about harry and ginnys relationship a bit more and learn more on teddy tonks eg is a werewolf but can change his appearance to look normal :s well i will keep my fingers crossed

DCEmu Newbie

i agree the ending was a bit bad, but she couldnt have wrote about everything, but like someone said up there..did harry become an auror?

there was 6 books writing about his school life and what he aimed to be then it just gets abandoned in the 7th

i dont think he could have become an auror though, he never sat his NEWTs, and so wouldnt have the grade

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by chang chang View Post
    If having the Elder Wand makes you undefeatable in a duel then how did dumbledore defeat Grindelwald who was using the elder wand. Surely he would have been defeated considering how close dumbledore and Grindelwald were in magical ability. Considering again that it was this wand alone that allowed Harry to defeat a much greater wizard when harry did not even have possesion of the wand?

Any ideas anyone???????????
    it wasnt the ability of the wand that allowed harry to defeat voldemort, it was that the wand belonged to him, so it didnt attack him. then harry easily got the wand and that was that

Raach 16 the NEWTS dont matter...this is harry potter were talkin about....the whole wizarding world knows about him....Forget about his credibility as an auror,,he could be the minister of magic dude...for cryin out loud hes beat voldemort who obviously even scrimgeour,the previous head auror and minister,couldnt manage to do...also im wonderin if he meets up with dudley again...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information