Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NeoCD Redux 0.1.52 Released - Neogeo CD Emulator for Nintendo Wii and Gamecube

Blog Entries

GC NeoCD Redux 0.1.52 Released - Neogeo CD Emulator for Nintendo Wii and Gamecube

Softdev has released a new version of his NeoGeoCD emulator for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Gamecube. Heres whats new:

What's new?

Nothing much - only it now works on SD too!

Fortunately, the NeoGeoCDs contain 8.3 formatted filenames, which fits elm-chan's TinyFATFS perfectly!

Follow the instructions for DVD - same rules apply.

The compiled binary is for SD in SLOT A only.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

Question

Hi,

Great news about the SD support for this emulator :thumbup:

I have tried this with a few games but can't get it to work, but I'm sure it will be something i'm doing wrong.

What I have been doing is extracting the files from the game ISO, adding the bios folder with the bios file, moving the MP3's to a folder called MP3 & adding the game folder to my SD card root.

I can load the emulator & navigate the menu to select the game folder, but when I select the game folder, the emulator freezes.

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

thanks,
    Derek

DCEmu Newbie

The following is a post I wrote on tehskeen but I figure it would be useful for people to read on this particular board.

w00t! I finally figured out why the music wasn't playing. When I named my music files, I named them exactly as "TRACK02.MP3", "TRACK03.MP3", TRACK04.MP3" etc. With these filenames, I could not get the music to play at all. So, after hearing some suggestions from Trispin, I went back and renamed my music files exactly as "TRACK02", "TRACK03", "TRACK04", etc. (keep in mind that I never actually used quotations, I'm just using quotes for the sake of this post).

When I renamed the music files as "TRACK02", "TRACK03", etc. I finally was able to get the music to play. What was happening was that my mp3 files already had the extension of .MP3, so when I was naming the files as "TRACK02.MP3", the full filename was really "TRACK02.MP3.MP3". So that's why I could never get any music to play.

So anyway, to get everything working was very simple. I had my SD Card/Gekko Adapter in Slot A and my Action Replay dongle in Slot B.

1) Toss the latest "Redux.dol" file that softdev created (Edit: Top of Page 6!) on the root of the SD Card. Toss the folder named "BIOS" onto the root of the SD Card. Toss each individual NeoGeo CD game folder onto the root of the SD Card.

2) When choosing a game folder from the Redux.dol menu, make sure to press "X" to choose the game, as pressing "A" will cause the screen to lock up.

3) For when preparing the game file, just do everything as described in the Neo-CD Redux Adobe Acrobat document that softdev typed up.

4) When typing the filename for each mp3, just type "TRACK02", "TRACK03" etc. Do not type "TRACK02.MP3" as you will actually have a filename of "TRACK02.MP3.MP3" and the emulator won't recognize the file!

So finally everything is working perfectly now. Thank you softdev and trispin.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks Sabres, not using the X key was my problem

working great now!

Derek

DCEmu Newbie

Tehskeen is dead, just letting you guys know.

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah, at first I thought the site was just hacked but now it appears that Brakken was forced to shut down the site. Hopefully that won't stop updated emus and new emus from being worked on for the Gamecube though.

DCEmu Newbie

Can anyone please specify exactly how to rename/place the TRACK01 image?

First it was the A button freezing it up..
    ..Then no ipx.txt file. (found in the TRACK01 file)

Now it will try and load a game folder but I get a black screen every time.

I have every music track in uppercase and renamed without spaces in an MP3 folder within the game folder including the TRACK01 image.

I'm perplexed as to what the hell is wrong with my directory setup. Any help/step by step file tutorial would be most appreciated.:thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by duros View Post
    Can anyone please specify exactly how to rename/place the TRACK01 image?

First it was the A button freezing it up..
    ..Then no ipx.txt file. (found in the TRACK01 file)

Now it will try and load a game folder but I get a black screen every time.

I have every music track in uppercase and renamed without spaces in an MP3 folder within the game folder including the TRACK01 image.

I'm perplexed as to what the hell is wrong with my directory setup. Any help/step by step file tutorial would be most appreciated.:thumbup:
    1) This particular Redux.dol file available in this thread is for loading roms off of the SD Card. If you are trying to load roms off of a burned disc it won't work.

2) Did you extract the files in the Track01 image? You should have the game folder, then inside the game folder you should have a folder called "MP3" as well as dozens of other files that were extracted from the Track 01 image.

3) Do you have the BIOS folder on the root of your card? It has to be named BIOS and it has to have that one particular file that we can't really talk about on these boards.

DCEmu Newbie

something isn't working for me...

maybe some of you can help me out:

When load the redux.dol I get the message "Insert memory card. Press A to continue".
    I don't even get into the Emu-Menu it seems.
    Note: The "NeoCD Redux" screen appears but no Menu but this message.

I have the SD card adapter in Slot A and my AR-Memory Card in Slot B.
    I have the redux.dol, BIOS folder (with the BIOS file) and a game folder(with all files) on the root of the SD card.

(Probably) Important Side-Note:
    After I got that wierd message I tried to change slots of SD card adapter and memory card(means: Memory card into Slot A and SD card into Slot B) and then I pressed A and new message("Mounting Media") appeared. The discdrive started to work suddenly(sounded NOT good) but the "Mounting Media" message stayed. I waited for a couple of minutes but nothing happened...so I turned my GC off.

Any help is appreciated.

Big Thanx in advance.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sabres View Post

2) Did you extract the files in the Track01 image?.
    Thanks Sabres.. that was the step I was missing. I didn't realize i had to extract TRACK01 into the game dir.

Great emulator... I love these games!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information