Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP: Remotejoy GUI v1.52 - X86

DCEmu Pro

psp PSP: Remotejoy GUI v1.52 - X86

Via DeMoN X.

This was released on 240507, but hasn't been posted about here. Even QJ hasn't posted about it, even though it was released on their forums.

In short, this is a program that lets you display the PSP's screen in real-time on your PC monitor by sending the signals through the USB cable. It was designed for 3.40 OE-A, which it works flawlessly on, but I can also confirm it works great on M33 3.52-2 (Load VSH doesn't work, but it's not that important). Something unique for M33 firmwares, is that you can also use the plugins in 1.50 kernel homebrew!

You can also control the game from a PC keyboard or gamepad. This works without any noticeable delay.

Overall, a great application if you want, for example, to record to video while playing a game, and if you want to play using another gamepad than the PSP's.

Read the readme for installation and usage on 3.40 OE-A.

For M33 firmwares (may also prove useful to other users):
    1. First, copy and boot up the PSPLink application as in the readme. Make sure the USB cable is plugged in, and install the drivers when prompted by directing to the drivers somewhere in this package.
    2. Copy and enable the two plugins mentioned in the readme in GAME and/or GAME150. Don't start Remotejoy yet.
    3. Now start the game/application on your PSP.
    4. When it has booted, start up Remotejoy GUI on the PC. USBHostFS will automatically start.
    5. Click With FPS or Without FPS under Window or Full Screen to start the controlling/displaying application.
    6. Press F3 on your keyboard to stream the PSP's screen to the PC's.
    7. Press F11 to take a screenshot.

OE users can run the PSPLink program on their PSP (disable the plugins first!) to use the Load VSH which lets them boot up the XMB with USBHostFS running to stream their display from there also. Note that loading any games or applications then will crash the PSP. The same goes for listing the video files.

NB! The PSP may lock-up when entering Save screen in some games. Press F5 on the PC to stop the video stream temporarily while you save. Press it again to resume streaming.

Another bug is that the PSP will always crash when trying to exit to the XMB from a game with the plugins enabled, forcing you to power the PSP off the hard way (holding the power switch for 10 seconds).

Here's the post from DeMoN X himself:

Warning! Some Anti-Virus software, Mcafee and others may be detecting this software as a virus. This is NOT a virus. This is false detection of CMDOW's window hiding capabilities. The maker of CMDOW has a statement on his website.

Changes for V1.52 :

* Driver installation for X86. READ THE "HOW TO INSTALL" FIRST
    * New batch files for manual installation
    * Added "How to install" to app.
    * Another "Feature"

Changes for V1.51 :

* Added full credits to TyRaNiD 2k6 for Remotejoy SDL and Schrade for batch files and script files, tutorial, and compiled binaries.
    * Added killall batch to MyBase.Load
    * Accurate process checking of USBHost FS
    * Added mode menu, Not completed.

Info :

.NET Framework 2.0 must be installed.
    This is Version 1.52, 24/05/07.

Download and give feedback via comments.

Thank you blackrave.

so who needs a PSP slim with video out? here is the feature for our beloved original one!
    homebrew is the keyword!

DCEmu Pro

I couldn't agree more, Mew! And you're welcome, DarthPaul!

I've used this myself to capture videos of me playing both Syphon Filter and Monster Hunter, and it works perfectly smooth on my laptop with Pentium 4 2.20 Ghz, 256 MB RAM and Radeon Mobility 7500 32 MB.

My Aquos will take a DVI input.... I could have this on my HDTV! Nice!

I've seen the previous versions, but I never really cared to try it. I couldn't be bothered to deal with all the methods of getting it to work. This GUI looks nice and easy. Thanks!

finally no more neck strain!!!

Work on Windows Vista 64x !?

so there is no point now in getting the psp slim now
    to that i say YAY!
    thank you blackrave

DCEmu Newbie

I don't get this working.
    I did every single step several times, but when I have to press F3 i get a shot every minute.

Could some help me please?

DCEmu Newbie

This is awsome! iv been waiting on something like this! i dont need a psp slim now! although it would be nice if i could run it under OSX (without parallels). Next we need to see if we can figure out how to get that t.v. tuner to work on our beloved psp's (maybe using the memory from a mem stick)! THIS IS AWSOME!!!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information