Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Go Green With The PSP

nice guid [= thx

This doesn't just help the environment it also saves your battery which is just as useful!:thumbup:

I'm a geography student, i guess my teachers got in my head so I really couldn't help myself!

Talking

I think the substrate thing is about relative intensity
    of individual pixels, so a Black pixel uses the same power
    as a White, & both use more power at higher backlight levels.
    solar charge time depends on panel size -you need about 25 watts
    and bright sun to charge at the a/c rate
    Its surprising no ones mentioned that reading a UMD uses
    more power than reading a memstick...

The energy used to change/hold the state of each sub pixel is nothing compared to the current the backlight uses.

Increasing the brightness of the backlight certainly does increases current draw.

I don't really think using headphones or changing the volume level would make any noticeable difference, though youll get a much better sound from a decent pair of headphones compared to the tinny speakers.

To use a PSP differently to save battery life makes sense, but nothing you do is going to make any meaningful difference to your household's power usage unless you're Amish (even they often have their own off the grid power).

I certainly cant live with the first 2 brightness levels unless Its a bright game and I'm playing in total darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by bah View Post
    The energy used to change/hold the state of each sub pixel is nothing compared to the current the backlight uses.

Increasing the brightness of the backlight certainly does increases current draw.

I don't really think using headphones or changing the volume level would make any noticeable difference, though youll get a much better sound from a decent pair of headphones compared to the tinny speakers.

To use a PSP differently to save battery life makes sense, but nothing you do is going to make any meaningful difference to your household's power usage unless you're Amish (even they often have their own off the grid power).

I certainly cant live with the first 2 brightness levels unless Its a bright game and I'm playing in total darkness.
    Yeah but remember every little helps!!

DCEmu Regular

The irony here is that while people are talking about doing everything to save PSP battery power and "save the environment" (which will have little to no impact from charging your PSP a little less often), how many of them are checking these message boards on massively over-power PCs? How many people here are using large PC monitors, the latest graphics cards with new processors and a huge PSU to manage all that power consumption?

Seriously. Wanna save the environment? Start making meaningful changes. Your PC drains way more power than your PSP ever will.

Anybody who actually gives a **** about the environment will promote the building of more nuclear power plants, and the decommissioning of the coal plants. Nuclear power plants are the safest and cleanest providers of enough electricity to make a difference.

Via PSP 117

A Green PSP

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information