Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Go Green With The PSP

I don't think the PSP creates enough "waste" to aid in global warming. Unless your house is a hub for charging PSP's and you can't step anywhere without a psp charging their, this is pretty useless.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JPJunkie View Post
    Via PSP 117

This is a guide on how to go green with your psp!

Go Green with the PSP

With all the talk of global warming and carbon footprints everyone seems to be paying more and more attention to the amount of energy they use and emissions they are causing. So I’m writing this to try and do my bit towards helping the planet by teaching PSP users how to save energy on their PSP.

1. Don’t just leave your PSP on when you aren’t using it, when paused why not put in standby or turn off the system?

2. How bright do you need it? Turning the screen brightness down when listening to music or using in the dark is always going to help save battery life. Do you really need to see visualisers with music?

3. If you use your PSP to play music, then hold down the screen button to put the screen into standby mode, your music will keep playing for many more hours because your using your PSP efficiently!

4. Use headphones! No one else wants to hear your hip-hop anyways so plug in some headphones, get some better sound quality and save some more energy.

5. If your downloading a large file then keep the screen on standby till its done, the memory stick and WiFi light will stop flashing so you’ll know when its done.

6. Not all games need music on the top volume, why not bring it down a bit?

7. In USB mode, why wouldn’t you put the screen in standby and save a bit more juice.

8. You don't need to leave your PSP on standby for weeks, turn it off instead.

9. Get a solar power charger, and then you can charge up wherever you are without using any unrenewable resources.

Hopefully these ideas will encourage you to use your PSP a but more efficiently, after all, you get longer battery life out of it if you do, save some money on electricity bills and do your bit for the environment!

Via PSP 117

O.k.! LOL

Another way to help is to slow down the cpu speed on your psp you can do this by accessing recovary mode.

This is good for if are listening to music or watching a video

Quote Originally Posted by Zourn View Post
    Anybody who actually gives a **** about the environment will promote the building of more nuclear power plants, and the decommissioning of the coal plants. Nuclear power plants are the safest and cleanest providers of enough electricity to make a difference.
    Amen to that.

I always would turn off the screen and downclock the CPU to 33 mhz when I used to use my PSP for music. Now I have an iPod.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JPJunkie View Post
    Another way to help is to slow down the cpu speed on your psp you can do this by accessing recovary mode.

This is good for if are listening to music or watching a video
    actually if you're using the m33 firmwares you just need to hit home while you're in XMB mode, from there you will be able to downclock your psp. =)

Number 7 is a given. I saw that the USB mode killed my battery so I started doing that. Nice guide by the by

DCEmu Rookie

This has got to be the most asinine thread I've ever seen. This kind of thing makes me embarassed to call myself a liberal.

If you knew how little even every single person would even be effecting the enviroment by doing everything you said, your head would explode. It would take much less time, much less money, and much less work to do the exact same thing for the cost of electricity by rather switching some bulbs to floresence, ect.

This is ludicrous. Should we all get black PSPs and play in the sun to keep heating costs down, too?

OMG it's only a guide, follow if you want just ignore it if you don't!

Anyway the whole point of this Guide isn't just to Save The World it also helps you save your battery!

Its only suggestions!

I save power by not using electricity to listen to music on my PSP.

Instead, I take my acoustic around and play my own music.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information