Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SNES and the Dreamcast...is it dead?

Default SNES and the Dreamcast...is it dead?

Ok, I am sure this has been touched in some fashion. I am mainly at the PSP section here, but I have had my Dreamcast since it came out and I have had DreamSNES as well as an NES EMU for some time. I love the NES one but frankly (As I am sure everyone knows) the SNES is well....lacking. I really want to see something faster and nicer then DreamSNES. I saw the 2004 release of the Super Famicom which I was going to try but I just wanted to know if emulation on this system has stopped?

I have a modded XBOX and thats fun but I wasn't looking to drop my Dreamcast off....I want to use it as my system for Emulation of other game systems. (NES Gen, GBA, SNES) However it seems I might not be able to. I know this can be done on the XBOX and if I was not to lazy I guess I would try but frankly I just don't want to mess with my XBOX, its does what I want (hold games on the drive) Yes I guess I could get the information to install a NES and SNES emu on it but I really just like my Dreamcast and would like a good excuse to keep it around before my wife kills me for having so many game systems (Saturn and everything released after it basically).

So any information here would really enlighten me, hopefully it won't be flaming, I know someone probably asked but I just felt like doing a recent check to see whats going on on the DC side of the house.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Super Famicast is the future for the snes on the dc, its pretty much on power with dreamsnes now and is open source, so anyone can work on it.

DreamSnes is pretty much dead, but as with anything in the dc scene...never say never

I guess Dreamcast dev is slow because it's not as easy as xBox dev (that's similar to the PC) but the scene will stay around for a while so I recommend to keep your DC right where it is: next to your xBox

LOL just the way it should be ^-^

Dream Coder

then again, you could have a dreamcast and a snes side by side in the same space as an XBOX.

DCEmu Regular

clever one.....
    My Dreamcast will always be in same place as it is for 6 years now.
    Hey nice comercial Cross.I have the same System as it says(not exactly but same in some parts)

Comercial? U mean my sig image? LOL

Well I am trying to cut down on systems. 5 is the max I can have according to the wife and when the new XBOX comes out its going to be pushing to keep the old one because its modded, the saturn will always stay due to Dark Savior and Magic Knight Rayearth and While the PS2 will become a PS3 and the cube a Revolution I am not sure which system I am going to drop or if she will be nice about it....

DCEmu Regular

Yes i mean your sig!!
    Ok in my opinion is to close your saturn to its box.

Sorry I was not sure, so I asked ^-^

So I should box the saturn? But I would Lose Rayearth and Dark Savior...nah I like those to much. hmmm... I know if I get it to play SNES at full speed she will hush about it because she wants to play mario all stars and world. Anyway I guess I should learn how to code for dreamcast now. LOL.

If you like I could make i a sig image, just send me some images and things you like etc. Give me a few ideas to work with and I can get back to u with one.

Hi again guys, I found out while looking at the cool Millenium Falcon DC project that Overclocking is possible. I was not familure with this on the dreamcast and I am looking through the forums but I figured I might as here to.

Cooling and moding, etc are nothing new for me I have no problem adding stuff to compensate but I want to get the SNES EMU running as Fast as possible so this really interests me. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information