Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Emulation Hits the PSP - DeSmuME Test Release

Why the hell are people so interested in this.

It does not run games, it will not ever run games anywhere near full speed, it does not 'open the door' for a better ds emulator on PSP.

It just causes newbs and youngsters to get over excited and make huge threads filled with expectations that it somehow indicates an emulator of the quality of gpSP/Daedalus must be close when it does no such thing.

Andywhyisit:

1) That would be the same for any console emulated on the PSP, its more the controlls that are an issue that makes buying the console make a lot more sence.

2) Those talented enough to write a DS emulator for the PSP from scratch are aware that even after a HUGE amount of (unpaid) time and work, there is very little chance of having the DS emulated anywhere near full speed on the PSP.
    Can you imagine spending all that time writing something so complex only to hear 'when will it be fullspeed, surely its not much further now that its running on the PSP'.

3) Theres a difference between a possibility of something and there being a purpose in doing it.
    I don't think anyone doubted something like this may come out, but its just not in any way an indication of the possibility/plausibility of emulating the DS on PSP.

4) If a seemingly impossible task is accomplished, out of the blue, on april 1st, I for one would be rather suspicious.

I can really understand how all this hype would bug Exophase.

why do you guys still bother with that? we know it's crap, all statements have been stated a dozen times and there is nothing new to come up...
    can't you just lock this thread?

why the hell do you guys take the time to say negative things about an ------>EXPERIMENT TEST RELEASE <------
    and people are interested in TESTING things.

1. we already have been told that its never going to be full speed (do u think i care?) no!
    2. how do u know that nothing new is going to come up? u dont!
    3. exophase should just leave this alone. y does he care so much about this. and y do u care about this?

this is for people that want to test this so you guys can stop wasting your breath for our sakes..

i dont want to hear you guys speak of this again because all your posts including exo's is just the same S*** over and over again and just give it up that its just a test release. i and other people interested in this have given up that its never gona get full speed.

Quote Originally Posted by xg917 View Post
    why the hell do you guys take the time to say negative things about an ------>EXPERIMENT TEST RELEASE <------
    and people are interested in TESTING things.
    Welp, then I'll be frank: you're wasting your time. And those that are trying to tell you things are those that don't want you to lose those valuable time... but eh... if you wanted to, just go ahead and do it.

1. we already have been told that its never going to be full speed (do u think i care?) no!
    Like the above.

2. how do u know that nothing new is going to come up? u dont!
    Coming from current coders of DS emus themselves... as well as someone like Exophase, and you still won't believe it, then I guess no one can?

3. exophase should just leave this alone. y does he care so much about this. and y do u care about this?
    He only came in to say a few things, don't accuse him of that. Reason stated above. That and... newbies of the scene will jump in, and rant for all day long about this and etc... and then some will start bothering our developers to make this a reality for them. See the problem? It's not just you wasting your time... but it's also about how others are going to bug developers about this. You don't want to know how much Exophase was bothered about gpsp...

k. ill admit i may be wasting my time on this but i dont really care since i have nothing better to do for a few weeks.. this isnt even the only thing i am doing

i actually do know how much people bothered exo about his emulator. and also i highly doubt anyone will remember this emulator if nothing else happens to it. also the coder doesnt even go on these forums or anyone elses so thers no problem i dont think he will be bothered about it.

I am not talking about that coder, I am talking about Exophase, or others like him like ZX-81... because newbies are most likely to bother them. Sincerely, Exophase's comment for the PSP homebrew community is not a very positive one... all due to the fact that people bothered him that much. I only bothered him to rest after gpsp 0.9... since he worked his ass off for 0.7 and 0.8.

many people are missing him/wanting him back.. i jumped into the scene around 0.7 and i noticed people pushing him to add something andyea

He has life, too, you know... and he's moving today. And no... he's just moving to a different place in the same province... he's not going to work as a mad scientist for Russia... but he'll be back, when he feels like it.

everyone has a life. im the one that usually says coders are people too and coding isnt the only thing they do in their lives. its just been a while since ive seen exo's work in action which makes me feel like he stopped working (for good) but yea.

wait why are we talking about him again? lol. i totally forgot what we were talking about before. for any harsh words i said, im sorry. no hard feelings?

Noticed how I never used any harsh words at all? I really don't mind these discussions... as long as they don't bust into flaming. Anyways, we're talking about him because... we are, I guess? And he hasn't stopped working on it. His latest GP2X port of gpsp is in fact... an improvement over 0.9. He just hasn't bothered to check back to the PSP to update 0.91 or 0,92... since he doesn't seem to like small bug fixes (hence why 0.8 was kind of buggy... but he moved onto 0.9 anyways)

Back to the matter at hand, it doesn't look like Exophase would think that he could do a full speed DS emulator on PSP, also... due to the fact that the DS has 2 ARM processors... and the ARM9 is a whole new level of pain... compared to the ARM7. The PSP does indeed have the ME, which may run as fast as the main CPU... but because Sony only allows so much codes to run on it, it's still pretty limited... and synching would be another problem.

Thread Information