Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Emulation Hits the PSP - DeSmuME Test Release

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    Here's one way to look at it, the DS chipset is basically the GBA's CPU running in tandem with another CPU which is roughly as powerful as an N64. So if you were running gPSP, which pushes the PSP pretty hard, you'd have to use the residual power to run an N64-equivalent emulator on top of that to achieve NDS emulation.
    Also that DS has at least 4x the graphical power of GBA (it is running two screens at the same time you know, there are two graphics engines..)
    http://gpsp-dev.blogspot.com/

I haven't quit gpSP, just put it on hiatus for a while.

Games like Super Mario Advance 3, Riviera and Sword of Mana actually DO work in gpSP, believe it or not. If they don't work for you then you're using the faulty BIOS. Don't argue with me, it's true; the sooner you accept this the sooner you can move on.

yeah, commercial games....

i dont even want to argue now or get in trouble so im just going to keep my mouth shut..

pokemon Pearl - half White screen nothing else.

This could potentially go somewhere. Never full speed, but maybe with enough time and dedication this could be fast enough to be able to play some games at more than 10 fps.

i think ds emulation on a psp would suck

using a analog stick for a touch screen

I think the ds is well worth the money cause on the pc or psp will never have the same experience with it as the ds handheld it's self because of the touch screen

Yeah um.. good luck with that.. I bet it will only be useful with the crap games. Everyone knows the ds is very low power. :rofl: :thumbup: Go ahead, continue.

Are you living under a rock? DS emulation on PC is very good. A lot of games run with good speed.
    yes jk and with the power of my dual core 2.0 ghz processor, some games run good sometimes.
    and to think i thought i spent my 1300 for nothing

What the hell is the point of this? If it's just to be a gimmick (something to show your friends and laugh at) that's all fine and good... But it's never going to run near full speed, and touch screen emulation isn't going to be worth it

Anyone that's had a thought even remotely similar to "OMGZ!!! DS uzers are nubz cuz I can play der system on minez!!! PSP FTW!!!" (and I know alot of people probably will), are damn near retarded.

EDIT: Please don't think that I'm bashing the author. All emulators are more then welcome for whatever platform. I just think this is meant to be funny, and more then a few PSP users are going to take it seriously.

y doesnt everyone just get off the guys $#@!! lucky enough someone actually attemped to port a ds emu to psp and so what if it doesnt run good at all? proof that it can be done. even though coders couldve said that its possible to do so they have never even attemped it though. look at Daedalus right now. people had major doubts of this emulator from the beginning but now its pretty successful and im glad for strmnnrmn putting hard work into his PORTED emulator. also gba emulators back then, before exophase's gpSP came out, werent that good either.. and snes emus are still having trouble as well and still havent had their issues resolved..
    if this emu ever gets better which i hope it will then shame on all of you just dissing the emu and dissing the porter/developer himself!

look DS on PSP will not happen, look at the work Deadaleaus is doing just for the N64, now the DS is slightly better graphics plus too screens, its far to much hassle as the controls would suck, SNES9tytl and GBSP0.9 have kept me busy haha i love them two.

2D rocks my rubber socks

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information