Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Emulation Hits the PSP - DeSmuME Test Release

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by xg917 View Post
    y doesnt everyone just get off the guys $#@!! lucky enough someone actually attemped to port a ds emu to psp and so what if it doesnt run good at all? proof that it can be done. even though coders couldve said that its possible to do so they have never even attemped it, if this emu ever gets better which i hope it will then shame on all of you just dissing the emu and dissing the porter/developer himself!
    I just don't get at all why you think proof that can be done is so valuable. Of course coders never attempted it, because they have better things to do than prove something pointless. It'd be like proving you can walk from Argentina to Alaska, common sense says you can do it but why would anyone go ahead with it when it'd be unbearable (unless they want to win a world record or something, but they're not going to do it just to prove it can be done). On the other hand when someone says that it isn't reasonable to suggest people walk from Argentina to Alaska then it's pretty much implied that they mean that it can't be done at a fast enough speed.
    http://gpsp-dev.blogspot.com/

I haven't quit gpSP, just put it on hiatus for a while.

Games like Super Mario Advance 3, Riviera and Sword of Mana actually DO work in gpSP, believe it or not. If they don't work for you then you're using the faulty BIOS. Don't argue with me, it's true; the sooner you accept this the sooner you can move on.

I meant no harm to the author... All harm was directed towards all the PSP users that are going to be talking smack about DS users.

Deadaleaus is still far from perfect, and it's been done with many specific tweaks that make it run so good on the PSP.

Take something close to the N64, multiply it by two and add the editional memory required to emulate the touch screen... Not going to happen.

Even with hardware tweaks, it's going to be impossible to emulate both CPUs at anywhere near a decent speed.

this is acually kinda stupid. even if they couuld get this full speed i would never use it. you cant emulate the touch pad right, the control would be terrible. i have a ds why would i want this, and psp only has one screen, what do u do with the other one? put them next too each other. lol gay. seriously dont get happy about this, its not gonna be good nomatter hw nice it is.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionT View Post
    I meant no harm to the author... All harm was directed towards all the PSP users that are going to be talking smack about DS users.

Deadaleaus is still far from perfect, and it's been done with many specific tweaks that make it run so good on the PSP.

Take something close to the N64, multiply it by two and add the editional memory required to emulate the touch screen... Not going to happen.

Even with hardware tweaks, it's going to be impossible to emulate both CPUs at anywhere near a decent speed.
    StrmnNrmn deserves a good amount of respect for really developing an emulator and not just doing a quick port of one.
    http://gpsp-dev.blogspot.com/

I haven't quit gpSP, just put it on hiatus for a while.

Games like Super Mario Advance 3, Riviera and Sword of Mana actually DO work in gpSP, believe it or not. If they don't work for you then you're using the faulty BIOS. Don't argue with me, it's true; the sooner you accept this the sooner you can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase View Post
    StrmnNrmn deserves a good amount of respect for really developing an emulator and not just doing a quick port of one.
    QFT...

Deadaleaus is freaking amazing. This isn't. It's more of a patch job then a fully fledged port.

Like you said before, the guy that ported this probably just wants the fame (hopefully not knowing how much flaming would accur). That, or he's seriously just doing it as a joke.

If it's the latter, good for him. I personally DO find this pretty funny. Even being an avid DS supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by xg917 View Post
    people had major doubts of this emulator from the beginning but now its pretty successful and im glad for strmnnrmn putting hard work into his PORTED emulator.
    A port of an emulator he made himself, if I'm not mistaken.

In any case, while I sort of agree that people are making too big a deal out of it, and while I do agree that the author is receiving too much praise for a relatively simple task, I do find it interesting nonetheless, if for nothing than the simple fact that it can amuse someone for a few minutes. At least it was done, right? As long as people accept the fact that it's not going to get all that much better than it is right now, they can enjoy it for what it is, a proof of concept.

And hey, at least there's now an answer for the newbies who come in and ask if the DS can be emulated on the PSP. "Yeah, it's right here, good luck enjoying it"

It's like the NES emulator for the GBC that runs at something like 2 fps and emulates maybe 5 games total. Completely useless, but somewhat amusing for a few minutes, and it can aid in making a huge emulation chain (NES emu for the GBC, GBC emu for the GBA, GBA emu for Windows, Windows emu for PSP through Bochs, etc).

xg just realize this for one second. what this guy is doing is emulating a pc emulating a ds.

to make psp emus you have to make it from scratch so you take the pc out of the equation.

THIS SPECIFIC emu has no chance of getting any farther than a title screen.

then y doesnt anyone make an emu from scratch then..

but like i said before . if this emu ever gets better which i hope it will then shame on all of you just dissing the emu and dissing the porter/developer himself.. because i dont see any of you trying to develop a NDS emu for PSP.. dont take coders as a joke. sorry for my words before Exo.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    and it can aid in making a huge emulation chain (NES emu for the GBC, GBC emu for the GBA, GBA emu for Windows, Windows emu for PSP through Bochs, etc).
    you got a point, there even though its pretty useless at this time, but why could third party/hackers not release a touch pad thingy which connects via usb, im sure its possible then the PSP could have touch games to an extent, then the hackers sneak in and hack it for all its worth hahahaha

that idea sucked right :thumbup:

cool sumthing useful but to bad i have a ds but i will use this 4 ds homebrew

Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information