Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo DS Emulation Hits the PSP - DeSmuME Test Release

Quote Originally Posted by Hiei311 View Post
    it ****in flipinn possible for a full speed nds emu just takes time!!!!! like the ps1 wasnt possible and n64 wasnt possible >.< and there is away for touch screen
    hold a button and use anloge stick
    im there with u man..

Quote Originally Posted by xg917 View Post
    just throwing this out there. if a ds emu comes out that works good im gona have to say i told u so..
    Do you mean if THIS emulator works good? If this emulator runs 50% of the games out there at 20fps, I'l hunt down a rabid lion and kill it with my bare hands. Then I'll cut off it's head with a plastic spoon and send it to you in a box.

If you mean "if a DS emulator coded from scratch that works good comes out 3 years from now", you get nothing!!!

:rofl:

EDIT: Like I (and other people) said before, the DS has two seperate screens... Each of which has it's own processor that is close in terms of power to the ONE in the N64. Emulating the DS is like emulating the N64 twice over (unless you only want one screen).

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase View Post
    Posted this on qj.net, posting it here:

"Yeah, someone finally ported DesMuME to PSP and the newbs are just going wild over it. "omg everyone said it couldn't be done but someone did it and we sure showed you!" I could have told you from the start that this could be done - actually, I was nigh certain that someone would eventually do this. Does that mean that it qualifies as "DS on PSP"? Not at all.

Unfortunately no one seems to understand that this will never be fullspeed, and the compatibility will probably remain terrible. People think that porting an emulator is a big accomplishment - well, it isn't. When it comes to this stuff on PSP the accomplishment is in getting it to run quickly, not to get an existing emulator (that struggles to reach full speed on a PC..) to run on it. DS emulation will NEVER run well on PSP, and this emulator in particular will probably never even run a fraction as fast as it could.

To whoever ported this, shame on you. You probably just did it for the blind attention, which you're very much receiving. You should know full well that you haven't actually accomplished anything."

Hopefully no one HERE will be ignorant enough to respond to me "oh yeah? look at gpsp!"
    Great post Exophase with the exception of one thing. Why did you add that last line about gpsp hahaha. That would have been priceless to see someone say that.

Quote Originally Posted by DimensionT View Post
    Do you mean if THIS emulator works good? If this emulator runs 50% of the games out there at 20fps, I'l hunt down a rabid lion and kill it with my bare hands. Then I'll cut off it's head with a plastic spoon and send it to you in a box.

If you mean "if a DS emulator coded from scratch that works good comes out 3 years from now", you get nothing!!!

:rofl:
    i know its hypethetic but either is fine with me but u still have to kill the rabid lion with ur bare hands

That's my problem to deal with .

erm look at gpsp .................................................. .................................................. ............................................

ITS F**ING GREAT :thumbup: "ahem golden sun TLA" lol cant say anything bad about this emu take some smilies, smilies attack

Quote Originally Posted by mavsman4457 View Post
    Great post Exophase with the exception of one thing. Why did you add that last line about gpsp hahaha. That would have been priceless to see someone say that.
    He added that bit because it already happened.
    http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-homebrew-...34/page18.html

It's DS Killing DAY!!!!!!

think about a flash mod psp slim it may work
    or if we hack the psp slim finally to do custom firmware

by the way how fast is the ds ram
    the ds to me is a crappy version of n64 but still won't mind having a ds

ds homebrew probly work on it to

Quote Originally Posted by xg917 View Post
    then y doesnt anyone make an emu from scratch then..

but like i said before . if this emu ever gets better which i hope it will then shame on all of you just dissing the emu and dissing the porter/developer himself.. because i dont see any of you trying to develop a NDS emu for PSP.. dont take coders as a joke. sorry for my words before Exo.

Your saying it like it can be made over night and NDS on psp is pretty pointless just go buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase View Post
    Posted this on qj.net, posting it here:

"Yeah, someone finally ported DesMuME to PSP and the newbs are just going wild over it. "omg everyone said it couldn't be done but someone did it and we sure showed you!" I could have told you from the start that this could be done - actually, I was nigh certain that someone would eventually do this. Does that mean that it qualifies as "DS on PSP"? Not at all.

Unfortunately no one seems to understand that this will never be fullspeed, and the compatibility will probably remain terrible. People think that porting an emulator is a big accomplishment - well, it isn't. When it comes to this stuff on PSP the accomplishment is in getting it to run quickly, not to get an existing emulator (that struggles to reach full speed on a PC..) to run on it. DS emulation will NEVER run well on PSP, and this emulator in particular will probably never even run a fraction as fast as it could.

To whoever ported this, shame on you. You probably just did it for the blind attention, which you're very much receiving. You should know full well that you haven't actually accomplished anything."

Hopefully no one HERE will be ignorant enough to respond to me "oh yeah? look at gpsp!"
    Second post... ever at DCEmu, and first thing I gotta say: LOOK AT GPSP!

...someone has gotta say that, no? Well, anyways, you've told me this a bunch of time, and I know you are right. Right now, I'm thinking... "you're right".

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information