Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sony PlayStation Portable: 333MHz comes with restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by blackrave View Post
    xg917, it is already hacked. It won't change in a new firmware or anything. This article just says that from firmware 3.50, the full CPU capacity can be used by developers for their games.
    when i ran PSPTUBE i was not able to charge my psp. but when i play games like socom and medal of honor online play it is able to charge. psptube is running on 3.5X kernel for me in the GAME35X folder and i think the problem is that sony implemented that thing.

or wait im not even talking about clock speed. im going to look into that asap..

Typical sony to give it only half the effort like always.

Hey guys, this may sound contradictory to this news item, but I was playing an adhoc wifi match of Burnout Dominator with BOTH psps set to 333mhz, and the game ran at 1.5x faster than the "normal" speed.

I'm talking cars going way faster than they do in Single player mode, and I was playing the world tour mode all afternoon so I am absolutely positive that about the speed difference.

Both PSPs had 3.52 M33-2.

When they were both set to 222, they game ran fine (normal speed).

It could be that this CPU cap would only apply to offical FW only, because it was damn sure running at 333 (1.5x 222) when linked in adhoc

DCEmu Newbie

This will prove to be a new reason for Sony to push the Slim PSP onto current owners, since the new hardware eliminates the separate wifi card.

Hmmm... I'm wondering how this will play out...

Every time I hear a new thing about the Slim PSP it has something else that makes me not want to buy it.... This is another one of those things.

Oh wow this sucks, and just when i was wicked psyched for the new syphon filter logan's shadow multiplayer online. =(

DCEmu Newbie

well sony good thing online play on the PSP is next to well what online play? yea...

well i can't see this making much of a difference just another glitch in sonys plan which won't be sorted until atleast firmware 4.0 but look how long it took them to get the 333 mhz out of the gate i know it all about battery life but they should of unlocked it sooner and released a more powerful battery pack simple really they would of probably made more money as well from people buying the new batteries

Quote Originally Posted by blackrave View Post
    Not hot enough for it to be dangerous, unless you're playing out in the sun or at another very hot place. Besides, it's not overclocking as the PSP's CPU is designed to be able to run fine at 333 Mhz. xg917, it is already hacked. It won't change in a new firmware or anything. This article just says that from firmware 3.50, the full CPU capacity can be used by developers for their games.

While it's a great thing that developers can finally take full advantage of the power, giving us better-looking and faster games, it's very stupid of Sony to limit network play to 222 Mhz. And it's probably just because the battery time is lowered even more when using WiFi at 333 Mhz.
    The psp's readme actually says that it can cause burns.

burns in the system? or on your skin?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information