Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ubisoft: PS3 Can't Do A.I.!

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Just a warning guys, no fanboy fighting. The staff are watching you.

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    Sorry but you can't prove it. I don't know any person who bought a second 360 console because the first one didn't work anymore. A normal person would send it to Microsoft and then it will be replaced, it means you are not buying another console.
    First off, my brother did buy a second Xbox360 because his wasn't covered under warranty and MShaft was charging 160 dollars to fix RROD issues... Spend half the money of a new 360 and get your unit fixed, which might break down in the same amount of time or buy a new one that has a year warranty on it...

And yes, you don't know anyone who bought a second 360 because EU mandates a 2 year warranty on all high end electronics (from what I read), unlike the US which is only 1 year (used to be 90 days...)

So I doubt it. The Unreal 3 engine works fine on computer and perfect on Xbox. But like SEGA (was it Sega?) said on Final Inertia, the PS3 just has problems with it.
    From all the interviews I have read from Epic, the devs have averted the 360 entirely. So I am not even sure they began development of it yet (maybe they have, I don't know) but I imagine the 360 version will be no different in terms of engine and AI.

I will concede the PS3 is difficult to develop for because its new technology. The Cell, while having some similarities to existing chips (namely Power PC CPUs) still requires some learning of new tricks.

The fact that 1st party developers have made pretty damn good games for the PS3 and that 3rd parties keep complaining about it, means that 3rd parties just aren't as interested in spending the time necessary to develop these games.

With development costs ever rising, its no surprise that developers want to cut costs where-ever possible, coupled with a low install base (which means less profit) I can see where they are coming from.

But if they want to admit defeat so soon, and not even try to make the game work on the PS3, thats their problem.

Assassin's Creed developers had no problem making the AI work on all formats, as will Epic with UT3. So I don't truly believe that the makers of Splinter Cell even tried to make it work. They probably ported the engine over, using some quick conversion from PC/Xbox360 CPU programming to Cell programming, and when the game took a dump they said to hell with it.

Anyone on these boards could have told them that about porting.

Added:

And another thing, Rainbow Six: Vegas has no problems on the PS3. And that game is out for PC and 360 as well. And it was also developed and published by Ubisoft...

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark View Post
    First off, my brother did buy a second Xbox360 because his wasn't covered under warranty and MShaft was charging 160 dollars to fix RROD issues... Spend half the money of a new 360 and get your unit fixed, which might break down in the same amount of time or buy a new one that has a year warranty on it...

And yes, you don't know anyone who bought a second 360 because EU mandates a 2 year warranty on all high end electronics (from what I read), unlike the US which is only 1 year (used to be 90 days...)
    should should tell your brother about this Xbox 360 warranty extended to three years. If you did pay for it to be fixed you can get it refunded.

also the law in the EU is 1 year (while its 90 days in the US)

Quote Originally Posted by F9zDark View Post
    And another thing, Rainbow Six: Vegas has no problems on the PS3. And that game is out for PC and 360 as well. And it was also developed and published by Ubisoft...
    Well there must be some reason as to why Rainbow six Vegas got a 8.7 on IGN and then a 9.3 for 360 on IGN. Glitches for the PS3 may be small, but still present.

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69 View Post
    should should tell your brother about this Xbox 360 warranty extended to three years. If you did pay for it to be fixed you can get it refunded.

also the law in the EU is 1 year (while its 90 days in the US)
    He got the new one a few months ago (around March I believe). I have no idea what he did with the old one, maybe he had an extended warranty from Gamestop or EB Games.

Kinda like the Disc Read Errors of the PS2. Had I known Sony would have had to replace or refund the money for fixing those PS2s, I'd have kept the unit...

Well there must be some reason as to why Rainbow six Vegas got a 8.7 on IGN and then a 9.3 for 360 on IGN. Glitches for the PS3 may be small, but still present.
    I never read the IGN reviews, but from my experiencethe game was pretty solid. Granted I wasn't playing with the mindset of looking for bugs, but on the whole the gameplay wasn't affected that I can tell. *Added* Actually now that I think about it there was a bug when going into cover behind a small wall in the first level, right at the beginning. I had to restart the level, but I wasn't even a few minutes into the game at that point, so it wasn't anything major. Didn't happen the second time around though.

Mind you, the PS3 isn't even a year old yet. It will be some time before the 3rd party devs really get the hang of developing for the PS3. And Sony is trying to help them where they can (at least from what an Epic dev said in an interview).

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    Sorry but you can't prove it. I don't know any person who bought a second 360 console because the first one didn't work anymore. A normal person would send it to Microsoft and then it will be replaced, it means you are not buying another console.
    who the hell wants to wait for their system to be repaired at microsoft which takes two weeks

take it to a game console repair have it done in 1 to 2 days

if you have one

Quote Originally Posted by Zin0099 View Post
    who the hell wants to wait for their system to be repaired at microsoft which takes two weeks

take it to a game console repair have it done in 1 to 2 days

if you have one
    me and others who are cheap and take such advantage to save up money

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information