Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ubisoft: PS3 Can't Do A.I.!

Default Ubisoft: PS3 Can't Do A.I.!

So, Conviction is confirmed for PC and Xbox 360. But what about the other consoles? Double Agent was a 360 exclusive for a whole week. On this issue, Danny could give us a firm answer. “It’s NEVER gonna come out on the PS3 or the Wii.” It’s a logical decision. Nintendo’s console simply doesn’t have the graphical horsepower, and he candidly told us how the PS3 can’t handle AI nearly as well as the 360.

http://www.gameplayer.com.au/Home/PR...af49&v7Pager=3

Im guessing they say this because they are crippled by only 256MB of ram on both.

DCEmu Newbie

Bologna! Ubi Soft are just a bunch of cheap bastards like EA. They don't bother to spend the extra cash on learning how to develop for PS3 properly. Thats why we get second rate games from Ubi and EA on PS3.
    The 512 mb of ram in the xbox 360 is not dedicated. It is shared with the graphics processor. In total it has the same amount of ram as PS3, accept PS3 has it in 2 dedicated segments, 256 mb for system ram, 256 mb for video ram. Ubi and EA have not learned how to code for the cell processor properly and so, have had to rely on only the power of RSX chip. Maybe someday us PS3 owners will stop getting shafted by companies trying to save a buck.

wtf?!?!?!?!
    but me likey the ps3.... tell me it can handle a.i good!!!!!

DCEmu Rookie

More likely the PS3 can do it, they've concentrated their game on taking full advantage of the 360 hardware, but porting it to PS3 will be too much of a pain in the ass. It what happens when you do an exclusive game and COnviction will be all the better because of it.

But it's alright, MGS4 is exclusively making use of the PS3 and the split RAM on RSX and CELL and it will never be on the 360. And MGS is the game Splinter Cell wishes it could be.

someone asked about this in the playstation blog and it was actually commented on

Dave Karraker | August 13th, 2007 at 9:52 pm

@Free — PS3 can more than handle AI, as you will see with Heavenly Sword, which has hundreds of on-screen enemies with different AI routines at one time thanks to the power of CELL.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrt View Post
    someone asked about this in the playstation blog and it was actually commented on

Dave Karraker | August 13th, 2007 at 9:52 pm

@Free — PS3 can more than handle AI, as you will see with Heavenly Sword, which has hundreds of on-screen enemies with different AI routines at one time thanks to the power of CELL.
    great.... im glad.... if it wasnt....it would be a waist of money

Yeah the PS3 shouldn't get these good games

Ubisoft and EA are more lazy... than cheap. Oh, and you may also add Activision to the list. There are some companies who don't want to spend their time on new things... and they just want to get as much money as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    Yeah the PS3 shouldn't get these good games
    i second that

DCEmu Newbie

Wrong....the Ps3 should get all the great games....
    more power, more disk space(the game medium, not the hdd)more features, not to mention the hardware itself is going to outlive the 360. In 2 years the Ps3 is going to be in full swing, with games so amazing the 360 community will crumble to the point that Microsoft will have to release another $#@!ty console that breaks down all the time. I give 360 a 5 year life cycle from start to finish, where as the Ps3 will be around 10 years from start to finish. That means the Ps3 will still be king 6 years after the 360 is dead and burried. Watch for Ubi Soft and EA losing alot of fan support for not releasing quality titles to it's loyal Playstation fans who have been there to support them through the years. Only to get $#@! on because these companies like EA, Ubi, Activision, 2K Games and Epic to name a few.-(although, Epic are at least cleaning up their act and making an effort to optimize their development for Ps3)-Care more about a dollar, then they do about the people who buy their products.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information