Thread: i-Blue 757 pro Solar GPS reciever - With Pics

DCEmu Newbie

Default i-Blue 757 pro Solar GPS reciever - With Pics

Hi,

I'm new to the forums but have read lots of posts here about MapThis!

I understand that the psp, obviously, doesn't connect via blue tooth but instead connects via the serial/headphone commander port. But, as I understand, this is only on some recievers that allow specific data through this usb port.

Therefore i was just wondering if anyone can tell me if the iBlue 757 Pro can do this? It has the latest MTK chipset and connects to up to 36 sats'. Plus you can hook it up to your PC and it will upload your routes and overlay them onto google earth... Gonna get one as soon as I know it works!!

Link to data sheet here

I hope this device is of interest to you guys and if anyone can help i'd be very grateful :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Just found this post in the last line it says:

'It can be used as a mouse GPS, the unit must be switched to log mode however. In regular nav mode it will turn off in 3 minutes '

Also found this on the transystem website. I dont understand the protocols it mentioned but hopefully someone here may have the knowledge.

It says:

'Q7.
    Is it possible to enable the VTG/ GLL NMEA sentence in i-Blue7x7 series? (i-Blue7x7 series)
    No, default setting of i-Blue7x7 supports following NMEA protocol: GSA, GSV, RMC, GGA'

DCEmu Regular

Search this forums for Art's solution. He says you need a little resistor to make other gps devices work.

Don't know if that solution applies to this gps unit also.

Would be VERY nice !

DCEmu Newbie

Many thanks for the swift reply Codaz,

Yeah i read about the 1k resistor, however, the factory made cables dont come with that .... shouldn't be too hard to add though with the help of some heat shrink.

Next few days will be 'super research mode' i'll find out and post back here. It would be nice to get this one working due to the logging mode, so we can transfer our routes to our pc and see where we went etc

Again if anyone else can offer some info we could get some more brands compatible with this project.

PSP Coder

" GSA, GSV, RMC, GGA"
    They are the right NMEA sentences, but does this even have a serial port to connect to?
    The GPS I made an interface for still has a serial port, just slightly incompatible.

this seems to be bluetooth only thing..thus incompatible with mapthis..

DCEmu Newbie

It's not a bluetooth only device.

According to what I've found out so far it has a usb mini-b socket and can be used as a gps mouse - like the holux. If left on NAV mode it will expect to be connected via bluetooth and will turn off the cable connection after 3 mins 30 secs. I left in LOG mode however it it works as a gps mouse... apparently

DCEmu Regular

Mini-b ain't serial

I think you need a ps2 connector or something.

DCEmu Newbie

ok, the connector is the same as the holux and the Holux website refers to it as mini usb:

link

I don't understand where ps2 connectors come into this.

Does this mean it can only be used with sun light present?
    That sucks...
    You'd be lost at nighttime.
    Holux M-1000 all the way.
    Plus, It delivers signal out via bluetooth AND through USB at the same time.
    So I can have a Dell axim connected to it with gps software on it and my psp in my backpack logging my whereabouts.

Thread Information