Thread: PSP Right Trigger Stuck & NOT dirty?! Help, electronics masters!

DCEmu Newbie

Default PSP Right Trigger Stuck & NOT dirty?! Help, electronics masters!

After a month long horror story with reparing my PSP; I have a new UMD Drive, LCD, Custom Faceplate, and Right trigger cable, and torn my PSP apart many times. Anyway, I now have the strangest problem. (I've had this problem since I got it back together the 1st time and haven't figured out how to fix it since)
    My PSP is fully functional, except the right trigger is stuck. What is strang is I am able to touch my finger against the trigger pad/cable and toggle my right trigger on and off. If I touch the original rubber contact to the cable, the trigger is on constantly until I touch it with my finger. If I tap the bottom cable of the trigger with a screwdriver I am able to turn the button on and off.
    My left button doesnt respond whatsoever to touch and I'm getting the same result with both cables. My dad thinks its a "grounding problem" but won't take the time to look at it. I have no clue what could possibly fix it.
    Are BOTH my cables messed up (my original as well as my replacement right trigger), even after cleaning them to death with rubbing alcohol?

Could it be a missing screw on the motherboard is causing problems or keeping it from working right? Could the motherboard be messed up?

Could something of gotten in the PSP that's causing it to be weird?
    I am able to play games (From UMD), use all the other buttons, use wifi, USB is fine, etc. Just the damn right trigger is messed up and I have no idea how to fix it.

Thanks ahead for your suggestions.

Try loosening or tightening the back screws of the psp it helps me when i have that problem except mines the Left trigger that gets stuck.

DCEmu Newbie

Well I have no button nor any rubber contact on the cable, and it is still stuck. . . . Arg.

Thread Information