Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Overclocking the DC and where to get the Increase

Sorry only just saw the secind bit of the other post, yeah that should be a good test, but dont forget to run DSNES with something demanding, a certain []Enix game should do, and see if it can get above 80%.

I'll check amps in a minute, i just woke up and am dazed and confused...

Okay, pin 3 of IC 104 that puts out 1.99V has a current of 0.23A. However when i first turned the DC on and checked the current fluxuated alot around 0.3 it was going between .2 and .4 until after about 30secs it settled at 0.3A, so i turned the DC off and on to check again and it was at 0.23 i turned off and on and left for a few seconds and it was still at 0.23A. Perhaps that fluxuation was due to the caps filling up, not sure. Might wanna check into that.

As for the new vcore, what are you going to use to generate the new V? you'll probably want something variable to use at first when your deciding how much of an increase is required. But it needs to be very stable, small fluxuations in V could destroy the SH-4.

Correct. the current could kill it, but the SH4 specs sheet labels it as capable up to 2.4v with a 2.5v limit. So I'll probably throw together a small circuit that throws out those specific volts at that specific current. Shouldn't be too hard, I can power it from the Dreamcast PSU like any other mod and have the circuit break down the voltage and the amps.

But because the pin seems to fluctuate a bit, what current would you suggest? Its gonna be hit or miss either way, so there really is no wrong answer . Yeah, and as a bonus test, I might run Star Ocean thru DreamSNES with the sound enabled and see how it runs.

Better to be lower than too high, use 0.23A but ensure that 0.23 is the calculated value not the value from a multimeter, as you know a multimeter will always give a value lower than a true value as connecting it reduces resistance in a circuit. So 0.23A is probably slightly lower so thats a good starting point. If it doesnt work simply replace a resistor with a lower value to give a slightly higher current and repeat until you get the thing to boot. Simple

Star Ocean would be a good test, as it usually just judders along at 55-60% with sound. Make sure you switch the little speed readout thing on though

Does the current eventaully level off? Or does it continue to fluctuate?

Sorry took so long to reply, the current levels off and stays at 0.23A without any fluxuations. It fluxuates for only about 20 seconds when you first turn the DC.

DCEmu Coder

do you desolder the pins, solder wires in between and tie you ampmeter to the wires to take the measures ???

do you desolder the pins, solder wires in between and tie you ampmeter to the wires to take the measures ???
    No. Why would i do that?

Sorry guys I did not disappear lol. Well I spoke to the guys today on the phone. Nothing yet, but they did say that they all enjoy playing Crazy Taxi.....

Morph, any progress? have you tried this yet?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information