Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Dreamcast Releases to come (Commercial Homebrew)

Default New Dreamcast Releases to come (Commercial Homebrew)

RedSpotGames, the publishers of the NeoGeo / Dreamcast game 'Last hope' are to be publishing 2 new games in the first quarter of 2008!!! This console just wont give up.

With the opening up of specially made Dreamcast development kits, the console that just wouldn't die is showing just how much life it really has left in the little system. It may be getting dated now, but for independent developers, the options the Dreamcast opens up are endless.

RedSpotGames, publishers of the recently released NG: Dev.Team's Last Hope for the NEO GEO and Sega Dreamcast, have announced their intentions to show off two new games for Sega's console at the Leipzig Games Convention.

The first title is Dalforce, a vertical shooter with 11 levels and a 4 player mode. The publishers promise a unique scoring system, intense bullet patterns, and huge bosses. No further details are given at this time, but we should get the first screens and perhaps a video or two this weekend when the game is shown off.

The second Dreamcast game being showcased by the company at Leipzig is Wind and Water Puzzle Battles developed by Yuan Works. This is a port of the GP2X Arcade/Action/Puzzle game that is available for pre-order at the game's official GP2X site here (the GP2X version will also be showcased at Leipzig as well). According to RedSpotGames, the Dreamcast port will feature a 4 player mode (as opposed to the GP2X 2 players) and exclusive secret characters.

Both of the games will be released in the first quarter 2008. There is no word yet on the pricing or distribution sources for the two titles. For more information on RedSpotGames, their official website is currently in the process of being updated here.

Via: Arcade Renaissance

they still release games for the dreamcast?! i suppose its going out with a long and tiresome whimper

East of Lost Angels , West of Victom Ville

Quote Originally Posted by mcdougall57 View Post
    they still release games for the dreamcast?! i suppose its going out with a long and tiresome whimper
    Blah blah.
    DC is still the best homebrew home console out there. I'm goind to find this sdk and maybe get my hands on making a game or program for the DC:thumbup:

haha yeah i know i own one i use it for snes games seen as though you dont need a modchip to run em

Quote Originally Posted by mcdougall57 View Post
    Yes

The last official Dreamcast game was released in March 8th 2007, on Japan. It's still possible to see more official releases.

The Dreamcast is the only sixth-generation console which gets commercial homebrew games, and they are amazing. There are a lot of games announced for this year and 2008. This thread is talking about commercial homebrew games

DCEmu Regular

Make My Day!!!
    New Dreamcast Games To Come.
    We Love This Console!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DCEmu Regular

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2 new games for Dreamcast, it's realy good news!

check 2 pics of dalforce & last hope stands from Leipzig at http://dreamcast.pl/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information