Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Released the Killer Master Stroke ?

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Sony Released the Killer Master Stroke ?

Sony who have been successful in the Video Game industry with the PSX and PS2 have already had a successful launch with the PSP in both the USA and Japan and the rest of the world is anxious to get a hold of one of these awesome machines.

Many like me paid £300 or close to $600 dollars to be the first in the world to get a PSP and our jaws dropped, the PSP is a sexy machine and Ridge Racers was simply one of the best advertisements any new console could wish for. At that time i was pleased i had brought my PSP and infact went onto buying 15 PSP games, much to my childrens pleasure and my wifes dispair but something that happenned 8 weeks or so ago caused a massive surge of interest in the PSP.

8 weeks ago Nem released the Hello World demo and then it became apparent that v1.0 PSP consoles could be used for Homebrew and Emulators (Amateur coding), days later the first emulator was released by Mr Marakichi and as you know we have enjoyed the most awesome 8 weeks ever in an homebrew scene.

Then only a matter of a week or so ago and then also this week the Spanish PSP-Dev group released the exploits for 1.50 PSP users (mainly those who brought their PSP from the USA) and thus another surge of interest has happened and now brings me to the point that a lot of users are considering buying an extra PSP console, one for Homebrew/Emulators and another as a pure gaming console.

Have Sony unwittingly delivered a killer master stroke or is it just a blunder by a big company, i doubt anyone would admit it but they must be pleased at the worldwide interest it has gathered with most major news sites like Slashdot, Engadget etc posting all the exploits and homebrew releases.

Whats your opinion ?

i work at a gamestop here in the usa and guess what im buying another psp just for the home brews and emu im lucky because where i work we already have some used psp in stock my cost for a used psp is $181.00 us dollars almost a hundred dollars less plus i checked the one im getting and it has no dead pixels. back to sony do i want to buy another psp hell no but i have too because i want to play games like Coded Arms and all the others that will have the updates in them im guessing though somebody will figure it out but i dont want wait for that to happen. so sony is selling another psp to me but there not getting any of the money since im buying used the system is already counted as being sold so at least ive got that but in the end they win because ill be buying games and thats what sony relly wants. yes it sucks but what are you going to do

DCEmu Newbie

Well, it seems that they're trying to foil our homebrewing, considering the fact that a highly anticipated game such as Coded Arms is going to update your firmware automatically. It should probably ASK you if you want to first, or something. But I must say, I DO think that the PSP has become the new kill-all handheld gaming system, despite the lack of really good games out for it right now (I only count 5). The next Gameboy is going to have to really step it up in performance if it doesn't want to go the way of the Game Gear.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm pretty sure it does ask you before trying to update the firmware with Coded Arms.

i wouldn't be suprised if some of the dev rumors/ theories were planted by sony...

Um...
    Sony does not want homebrew....Sony loses mony on every PSP they sell. That is why games cost so damn much. They make money on software, not hardware. That is why they hate homebrew...They want PSP's in the hands of consumers who buy retail games.

It really sucks when big buisness does what they love to do, sell things but its never really yours. Look at Windows, you buy a copy for about 200-300 dolllars for th full version, you end up owning ONE use. Sony sells the PSP, but if you want to use their games your going to have to comply with the dictators.

Isn't there a way to revert back to 1.50 anyways?
    If you can do that then why not just do that?
    I guess it would be a bit of a hassle to have to set the date, time, etc over again though.

Quote Originally Posted by rock_light
    Isn't there a way to revert back to 1.50 anyways?
    If you can do that then why not just do that?
    I guess it would be a bit of a hassle to have to set the date, time, etc over again though.
    no, you cant.

sony is evil oh well i now own two 1.5s one for homebrew and the other for the regular psp games im getting midnight club on tuesday so well see if that game updates the firmware or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information