Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MoonShell Ver1.71+1

DCEmu Newbie

wait .. so to use moonshell i gotta have a windows machine? damnit! what else is out there for a nds-homebrew'er linux guy who wants to play tunes on his nds too?

Acorn Electron User

The latest R4 cart kernel update (1.13) has the moonshell app with it. I'm guessing here, but you might be able to unRar it and just take the 'moonshl' folder and drag it onto the root of whatever card you use for your DS. My apologies if this won't work, just trying to help.

The R4 update is here:

http://www.r4ds.com/download-en.htm

Quote Originally Posted by torpor View Post
    wait .. so to use moonshell i gotta have a windows machine? damnit! what else is out there for a nds-homebrew'er linux guy who wants to play tunes on his nds too?
    The guide at http://www.scdev.org/forum/index.php?topic=11437.0 contains links to full packages in zip files. You may be out of luck for converting videos, but at least that'll get you a version of Moonshell you can just extract to your card manually.

My music starts 2 make this cracking noise in moonshell or this weird noise wen the volume is like 400, THE MUSIC is like making these weird !#%!#%#!%!#%#! noises

well, obviously - that built in volume control forces the actual volume (without the slider) even higher - 100% is the normal volume, anything higher and of course it'll sound crackly

grab yourself a decent pait of external speakers - the ds can handle much better sounds through the 3.5mm jack (or use dsorganise's mo3 player - i find it has better sound quality and a better interface

Quote Originally Posted by lightningquickguy14 View Post
    I'll try it out, because my old dpgtools didn't work for some reason.
    get the divx codecs. i tried to convert avi files but it dint work untill i installed DivX. i could only convert .wmw files before i got the codecs. so if your lasy you can allways just convert wmw files ^^

Updates which would make Moonshell better:
    -copy, paste and delete function
    -had batchdpg instead of dpgtools
    -had a online database (like DS Organize) for support and perhaps downloads
    -could play more nds files
    -have more skins
    -have a bit better interface when playing musics or video (like windows media player)
    -show and estimate the battery life
    -had reboot support for max Media Player (4GB HDD)
    Last edited by Togetherdukki; June 1st, 2008 at 16:41.

DCEmu Newbie

i chose to stick with an early version of moonshell. y?
    i tried this one out and found two (minor) problems. when u watch videos, if u pause it, ders kind of a delay. secondly, wen u tap on the bottom screen while watchin a video, u need to tap the bottom screen 5 or 6 times (vs 1) to get a response. i tried it with different videos, and my friends also tried it on their ds's. so if there's no huge benefit to upgrading, i choose not to.

DCEmu Newbie

how do i install moonshell on my cyclo evolution

DCEmu Pro

moonshell is just another dead project that isn't coming back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information