Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pandora Battery + Memory Stick Easy Installer

Default Pandora Battery + Memory Stick Easy Installer

touran22, Jared, guano, & hexitnow have made an easy installer for the Pandora battery & memory stick.

via PSP Hacks Forums
    we thought it was needed due to the complexity of the procedure...

enjoy the release and fun unbricking/ downgrading!

Also this does need another psp that can run homebrew to convert your battery so this installer should be used on psp's with the ability run homebrew!...all files will be extracted to your MS just read the installtion notes in the installer..

NOTE: you must still format your MS logically.

here you go...

Installing the Battery and Memory Stick

1) Use mspformat.exe from the Pandora's Folder to format the Memory Stick.

*Open any folder, From the upper menu select Tools-->Folder Options...-->View-->unmark "Hide Extensions for known File Types"--> Apply an then OK.

*Then Copy the "mspformat.exe" from the mspformat folder inside the Padora's Folder to [My Computer/C:]

*Now Open up "Run" from your PC and type in "cmd" and a Black Window should pop up.

*In the Black Window, type in cd c:\ and then hit enter. This should appear, C:\>

*type mspformat.exe YourPSPDriveLetter (example: since mines is letter M, it will look like this, mspformat.exe m)

*Type in Y and hit ENTER. FORMAT COMPLETED... (if you see any files that still exist inside your MS, Delete them manually)

2) Remove the Memory Stick and disable the USB connection.
    3) Re-Connect the Memory Stick again via the USB connection of the PSP.
    4) Install files using the installer! (http://rapidshare.com/files/50870918..._Installer.exe or http://www.sendspace.com/file/ri03vo)
    5) Remove the Memory Stick and disable the USB connection.
    6) Reinsert the memory stick and run the app "battery creator" on the psp.
    7) Save Eeprom (the app will close)...Re-open the app and press x to convert battery.
    8) You've got yourself magic memory stick + jigkick!

Pictures by RomTheStompede

Usage:

- Insert Memory Stick into the PSP
    - Remove power cord and insert the JigKick Battery into the PSP.
    - A menu appears when the PSP boots. Follow the onscreen information
    and instructions.
    - Choose the option to downgrade to 1.5!
    - That's it! have done!

CREDIT

goes to all the contributors on this project: Adrahil, Booster, Cswindle, Dark_AleX, Ditlew, Fanjita, Joek2100, Jim, Mathieulh, Nem, Psp250, Skylark and TyRaNiD.

Guide to recovering your battery:
    Quote Originally Posted by jas0nuk
    If you only have one battery and want to unbrick your PSP, you can.

1) Convert your battery into a jigkick one using "Pandora's Battery Creator", but before you press X, press TRIANGLE to backup your battery's EEPROM to ms0:/eeprom.bin
    2) Unbrick your PSP as normal
    3) When you are done unbricking, take out the battery and the magic memory stick. Start up the PSP using the AC adaptor (do not try to use a USB charger, it will not start up)
    4) Insert the magic memory stick and the magic battery
    5) Run "Pandora's Battery Creator" again
    6) Press L+R to restore the ms0:/eeprom.bin to your battery

NOTE: You can also restore a battery without having made a backup, by pressing SQUARE at step 6. This will generate a fake serial for your battery (0x12345678) which allows it to work normally, but there could be side-effects.

Have fun, and thanks to everyone in the Prometheus/C+D team.
    Be sure to do the formatting before using the installer to put the files on the memory stick.
    If you still need help, ask questions here.

i tried this but it didnt work and i followed everything

Quote Originally Posted by cptwaggawagga View Post
    i tried this but it didnt work and i followed everything
    What steps could you get to work correctly? And what step do you need help with?

btw, once you get the pandora memory stick and battery set up, remove both. Then put in the memory stick, then the battery. The psp should turn on automatically with the battery.

DCEmu Pro

I need help resolving the "cannot open logical drive" issue with mspformat.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for the guide! It would've saved me a few minutes the other night, but hey...

I've followed all directions numerous times, and keep getting to the point where the flash is written to on the bricked PSP, but it then says "cannot write to system.dreg". I've seen a few other posts where people are having the same issue, but nobody's posted a solution yet. I really hope it's not just me making some dumb mistake.

I first tried setting the memory stick and battery up on a 3.10-OE, then a 3.40-OE A, but it keeps doing the same thing. I'm using a 512MB SanDisk Pro Duo II and a standard Sony battery. Any help wold be greatly appreciated, and thanks to everyone who contributed to making Pandora happen!

DCEmu Newbie

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by wackychan View Post
    Thanks for the guide! It would've saved me a few minutes the other night, but hey...

I've followed all directions numerous times, and keep getting to the point where the flash is written to on the bricked PSP, but it then says "cannot write to system.dreg". I've seen a few other posts where people are having the same issue, but nobody's posted a solution yet. I really hope it's not just me making some dumb mistake.

I first tried setting the memory stick and battery up on a 3.10-OE, then a 3.40-OE A, but it keeps doing the same thing. I'm using a 512MB SanDisk Pro Duo II and a standard Sony battery. Any help wold be greatly appreciated, and thanks to everyone who contributed to making Pandora happen!

dude i have the same problem it gets to 100% and says "cannot write system.dreg." anyone gotta fix would be really helpful.

DCEmu Newbie

Hello sir ,
    I format the memory stick totally with the help of mspformat.exe then i removed and again connect the psp to computer then install this installer then i removed the stick and dc the usb then i insert the memory stick when i am hit X on battery creator its says the game could not be started .(8002014C) error please asnwer me whats the problem i am on psp 3.40 OE-A.

DCEmu Rookie

Im suprised this isnt front page.....people please post with some help!!

just use the new gui (look in the psp news forum, gui thread was started by me). it is A LOT easier

Have followed guide but brick wont fire up it auto powers on and it no longer powers down after approx 30 secs, power light staying on but still have black screen. Any ideas ??????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information