Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Pandora Battery Work Its Magic On PSP Slim?

Arrow Will Pandora Battery Work Its Magic On PSP Slim?

One of the biggest questions around and yet, no true answer. Will the ''Pandora Battery'' work with the new upcoming PSP Slim. Being released not even a week ago, and with the PSP Slims release coming early september, will sony really change the release date because of this? Is it even possible for the battery to work on this new PSP?

DCEmu Old Pro

It's possible, but whether it will work or not remains to be seen.

I imagine that a custom signed IPL would work, due to there being stuff in the latest IPL to handle the slim - which means it might accept the same custom signed IPL's.

However, whether the same battery will enter the PSP into service mode, is another matter...

We won't be able to tell until it's released, which should be less than a month away.

Cloudy

actually, it has been tested on a current psp-slim. first of all, it does go into service mode, but it doesn't actually boot the recovery menu. That means it just needs to be modified to work on one. also, this means that even if the newer ones wont work with this, the first version will still work, which means we can use those to take dumps of the new psp slim firmwares.

DCEmu Old Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko01 View Post
    actually, it has been tested on a current psp-slim. first of all, it does go into service mode, but it doesn't actually boot the recovery menu. That means it just needs to be modified to work on one. also, this means that even if the newer ones wont work with this, the first version will still work, which means we can use those to take dumps of the new psp slim firmwares.
    I don't truly trust that though - I'll see when trusted devs test it.

Cloudy

Can you imagine how frustrating/enraging it must be for Fanjita and the rest of team C&D to have their work leaked before they wanted, with the release of the PSP2000/slim so close?

If this same exploit can enable homebrew on the PSP2000/slim and Sony find some way to patch it, rather than letting the new revision hardware get into mass circulation before releasing as I assume they intended. Thats pretty much the deffinition of pissed off.

Its really ****ed up that such a productive collaborative effort has been dealt such a severe blow by a leaker/hacker.

Lets all hope it is able to run.

It doesn't work on PSP slim

PSN ID: splodger15

People in Japan were downgrading with jig-kick batteries a while ago. Whether it got leaked or not, i think Sony would have patched it either way.

Does anyone know if PSP Slim ceramic white will be released in the US in a form other than the StarWars Entertainment Pack? Cuz I don't want Vader's Face on my psp.

Well the question I have is.. Would Sony even be able to patch this hack through software? The only way I could see a hack like this being patched would be only through hardware.

The PSP Slim has a new motherboard so it may be harder to crack

I'm not getting a PSP Slim until some Hacker gets it Homebrew enabled. I already have an original PSP with OE on it and it works just fine. Don't get all hyped up over a slim, if you already have a PSP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information