Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSoD Problem... Need to format flash1

Default BSoD Problem... Need to format flash1

I just attempted to unbrick my psp using pandora's battery and now I get the BSoD whenever I turn my psp on. If I press O, the psp just restarts and gives me another BSoD. (Sorry I didn't say that part of it earlier) I've been told i need to format my flash1. Is there anyway to do this?

I heard if you replace the update on your memory stick to 2.00, and do the process with that, it formats the flash1 during install. Im not 100% certain however, may want to wait for further confirmation.
    -Xiofire

Quote Originally Posted by Xiofire View Post
    I heard if you replace the update on your memory stick to 2.00, and do the process with that, it formats the flash1 during install. Im not 100% certain however, may want to wait for further confirmation.
    -Xiofire
    I have already tried replacing the update on my memory stick with 2.00. However, I only did this for the last step. I have not had the opportunity to use the 2.00 eboot when running the firmware installer because i don't have access to a working psp anymore. Would I need to do this for it to work?

I havent done the process myself, but thats what i heard, instead of running it with 1.50, you use a 2.00 update. Im not entirely certain. It cant brick it more than it was can it? lol
    -Xiofire

lol press o when you see BSOD

Quote Originally Posted by pt9087 View Post
    lol press o when you see BSOD
    When I do that the psp restarts and shows me the BSoD again. Don't act like everybody's too stupid to follow written instructions.

Anyway, its a lot to ask, but is there anyone who would be willing to run the install firmware program on their psp using the 2.00 update and send their generated files to me? I don't have access to a working psp right now and probably won't for a while so this would be a really big help. If you are willing to, tell me, and I'll give you my email.

make a nandimage.flash of someone elses 1.5 then go to restore from it....without idstorage, it should work just fine, thats how i fixed that problem, PM me if you need anything winkwink

Quote Originally Posted by POOKAPOOKAPOOKA View Post
    When I do that the psp restarts and shows me the BSoD again. Don't act like everybody's too stupid to follow written instructions.

Anyway, its a lot to ask, but is there anyone who would be willing to run the install firmware program on their psp using the 2.00 update and send their generated files to me? I don't have access to a working psp right now and probably won't for a while so this would be a really big help. If you are willing to, tell me, and I'll give you my email.

i don't think someone sending you their files will work. to my knowledge, the files in the psp's flash1 and flash0 are fingerprinted or sumthin like that which means that every psp has the same file but its unique to every different unit.

and btw, doesn't a BSoD always show up after downgrading?

DCEmu Newbie

i had that same problem too. I used the nand from another 1.50 psp and flashed it to my brick psp that had the same problem with the BSoD repeating. Now it works fine

Quote Originally Posted by POOKAPOOKAPOOKA View Post
    I'm just going to pretend like no one ever posted such stupid advice.
    Wow your very greatful!

BTW we get alot of people asking questions on here and sometimes when they see it they panic and take the battery out!

You cant run a backup flash onto another PSP, as mentioned above! you will cause more problems for yourself!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information