Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 〓★〓diy a psp gps cable〓★〓

DCEmu Newbie

Default 〓★〓diy a psp gps cable〓★〓

diy a psp gps cable!

Nice pics

How mouch of the tip do you have to cut off for the internal speakers to work with MapThis

I made a cable of my own
    But i did not include the Audio Out on my Prototype I included a blue LED to show that the unit has Power and a USB Female connector so i can hook up my USB to MiniUSB + Powercharger PSP Cable.

This way i can use the cable for my PSP and my Holux M1000 or i can charge both my PSP and my Holux via the same cable
    Big thanx goes to Hansi at www.psxcare.com for sthe sponsoring of the GPS unit and the controllercable

Very nice work, PDG!

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Very nice work, PDG!
    Thanx
    Now you can safely add the Holux M1000 unit as a working one to your list

DCEmu Newbie

Good!

Quote Originally Posted by mr7 View Post
    Good!
    Could you perhaps post some info about how mouch of the tip you have to cut to make the PSP generate sound trough the internal speekers

I would hate if i cut to mouch off

Cheers.

DCEmu Newbie

hello pdg.

i have no any ways better than cut it.

I got some questions on the PM i wanted to share for the greater good

Quote Originally Posted by BouncE | Total Posts: 0
    By any chance do you have a write up on how you made you cable? if you don't want to share i understand, but you have the ideal cable for charging and using the gps at the same time. :thumbup:
    Well it was not that hard to make, i just havent had time to write down some scematics for it.
    Its really simple though

Just connect the charging USB male to the USB Female in series and connect a wire from the right place on the USB to a resistor and then to the remoteplug, add ground to the remoteplug from the USB and there you have it.

Just use a USB to Carlighter adaptor for power and a USB to Miniusb and Chargercable and connect that to the USB female plug

I just added a LED to show when the package was powered and charging

Give me some time and ill try to make some scematics on my testsite www.pspfaq.tk

Quote Originally Posted by BouncE | Total Posts: 0
    Thanks for the info, i'm still al little confused, but i'll try looking at the pictures to figure it out....could you take a picture with all the wires showing? most of your pictures some of the wires are going out of the image and i can't tell where everything goes.

also, what is the image in the top right of this picture?:

Take a peek here for more pics:
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...96&postcount=3

The Green thing with numbers on it is the Remotes PCB "Circuit board" just if Sony decides to change the colorcode of the wires.

The third pic showing my PSP running MapThis pretty mouch sums all up.

The Black wire going up on screen is connected to my USB HUB "See it as a USB to Power connection"
    The USB Female connector with a Black cable connected is a Data + Power connection and ive hooked up a USB -> MiniUSB + Powercoard to the PSP cable to it, the Mini USB is connected to the Holux and the Powercable is connected to the PSP, this provides both the PSP and the Holux with Power and Signals from my Holux M1000.

On the Pic below that i just added a LED lighting up when Powered by a CarLighter to USB as you can see on the picture to the right of it.

The Bottom right pic shows the cable connected to my PSP + Holux without Powersupply *Led not lit*.

The White wire going up is the Serial interface that goes from the PCB to the PSPs remote, The Black wire going down from the unit is Power only, and the Brownish is the USB Female where i attatch a USB ---> MiniUSB + Powercable, Mini USB goes to the Holux and the Powercoard goes to the PSP, then i just have to drain power from my car via a CarCigarette adaptor to USB.

Hope that cleared something up.

But try posting in the Forum for smaller questions, tons of other people gets an answer that way

And dont be ashamed :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Hello,
    i am new to PSP and especially interested in GPS applications. Now maybe i made a mistake:
    From China i did order a cable for connecting PSP to Holux 236. In parallel i did buy a new PSP. Meanwhile the cable has arrived, but it looks like it cannot be used, because new PSP are using a different ( 12pin ) kind of connector ( see also pictures this thread, Sept. 8th, msg from "mr7" ). Until now i haven't seen any information on it's pinout or any offers for fixed cables.
    Maybe an alternative solution also could be, using the PSP top connector ( like being used for PSP-290 ). Needed plugs are standard parts, but also in this case some pinout informations would be required.
    Who has an idea?

Klaus

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information