Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time test areas on PSP

DCEmu Newbie

is it me being a bit thick, can we play n64 zelda oot (all the way through) using Daedalus?

hmmm...yes it ran pretty well in the test levels, but did anyone else notice the lack of enemies and such? (i know they don't have enemies, but if you were to play regular oot than i think it would run alot slower due to the fact that there are more sprites therefor taking up more cpu.
    it will slow it down...

ive played though against shadow link with sound at 8-10 fps ( which isnt really that bad ) and without sound 15+

so yes your right on that statement :P

is it me being a bit thick, can we play n64 zelda oot (all the way through) using Daedalus?
    you can, but its very slow sadly

there is a little speed up in the debug version, though not enough to consider it worth talking about... lol

i will say though, you can do alot more in the debug that you can in the regular rom.

for example, you can skip around and try the other levels, as well as mess around the beta levels...

i just didnt think the debug version would load, since the rom itself is over 64 mb's..... that double what the original rom had... thats why it shocked me that it could do all this in daedalus

Thanks for Everytihng,
    PSPdemon
    404 Error: This signature is missing!

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PSPdemon View Post
    it will slow it down...

ive played though against shadow link with sound at 8-10 fps ( which isnt really that bad ) and without sound 15+

so yes your right on that statement :P

you can, but its very slow sadly

there is a little speed up in the debug version, though not enough to consider it worth talking about... lol

i will say though, you can do alot more in the debug that you can in the regular rom.

for example, you can skip around and try the other levels, as well as mess around the beta levels...

i just didnt think the debug version would load, since the rom itself is over 64 mb's..... that double what the original rom had... thats why it shocked me that it could do all this in daedalus

Thanks for Everytihng,
    PSPdemon
    I'm a little confused about this. Which version of Daedalus did you use? Was it a beta of the upcoming version, or the latest released version? I just want to clarify for myself or anyone else who is also confused. Thanks, and great find.

there are no beta's released of R13 so it would have to be R12.

looks nice

It just brings a smile to my face. lol i hope R13 comes out soon. nice find PSPdemon and is there any news on Halo Zero ever going to be released? if not the source would be nice, last i heard it was getting recoded into c. thanx...

Me wants to play Zelda OoT on the psp so bad!!

hope there will be a great speedup on R13

this is news? i couldve posted about this a long time ago then.. o well. i might as well say that i beat zelda OoT on psp before and that i tested the zelda majora's mask demo rom on daedalus. u can basicly do anything in the game i guess since u have all the items and masks minus fierce diety's mask.

Quote Originally Posted by carlitx View Post
    there are no beta's released of R13 so it would have to be R12.
    .. hmm..

I tried this ages ago on older revisions of Daedelus... good to see things are working better on the test maps too.

120 and 121 are working great too (provided you're using a Zelda Edit patched ROM, a clean debug ROM won't work), Sutaru (aka 122) works like a treat as well. As does the treasure chest room.

The only problem with 120 is that the lighting from the windows isn't working properly, although other things are effected like this too, such as the ToT window and the sword charge.

EDIT: You don't need to be on a custom firmware, though. Anyway firmware that can run homebrew will do (i.e. 1.5, 2.0).

EDIT: Actually, I just tried this out for myself. The Depth Test map isn't displaying properly, a lot of the textures sometimes disappear.

EDIT: Here's some screenshots for people who can't be bothered/can't in general watch the youtube video.

Depth Test Map (more might some soon, it's hard to navigate around in the dark)

121 Beta Stalfos Room

Castle Courtyard 3D

Title Screen

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information