Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Masterboy 2.02 - SMS/GG/GBC Emulator for the PSP

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post
    I've had few problems with DGEN. The interface and gameplay speed is quite good. My benchmark for Genesis Emulators (Sonic 3 & Knuckles) runs perfectly fine.
    None of the Sonic games run "perfectly fine" in DGEN, you have to turn on frameskipping to get them to run full speed.

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    None of the Sonic games run "perfectly fine" in DGEN, you have to turn on frameskipping to get them to run full speed.
    I think the main reason that Emulation (from what I understand) has been inhibited so far is that noone's been able to really figure out how to use the Media Engine to its fullest yet. If this is still the case, then it'd be like the old-school PC emulators using brute processor force to emulate before they were able to take advantage of Graphics Processors.

Frameskip makes things playable at full speed, unless you're one of those pansies that actually gets HIT and the flashing gets turned into a missing sprite. I mean... come on... NOONE EVER gets HIT in a Sonic game.... Right?

DCEmu Newbie

I got a PSP slim with firmware 4.0 I just downloaded from dark alex"s website does this not work with a slim or is my firmware too new, and if so is there a way to go back to previous firmaware?
    Last edited by Lamegame; July 21st, 2008 at 23:56. Reason: for got word SORRY

If you're using M-33 firmware, then you should also get the 1.50 add-on. That should do the trick.

DCEmu Newbie

how can I tell if my firmware is M-33 Im such a novice

DCEmu Newbie

can I get the 1.5 add on from Dark Alexs website?

You check under System Settings, System Information; and yes you can obtain the 1.50 addon via his site.

DCEmu Newbie

well my problem is that I have a slim. I think its the fact that when people made thier emulators, they didnt make them compatible with firmware 4.01 when I downloaded the 1.50 add on it said it was only for the fat psp. I guess Im stuck. DAMN SONY1

my problem is when i go to start the emulator(s) i get error 80020148 everytime. i have a phat psp v4.05 and i cant seem to find anything GBC/GBA emulators to work with it.

Anybody know of any?

DCEmu Newbie

i have a game could not be started error , what should i do?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information