Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TA-082 MB problem?

DCEmu Newbie

Default TA-082 MB problem?

Hi!
    I have TA-082 mb (IC1003 on mb) and 3.52 m33-4 fw, new Holux 240, good cable and latest MapThis (correct generic version) but it never display any information (like it doesn't get GPS data from cable) . Iam sure that holux-cable-psp connection is ok and headphone remote control works in XMB. But I have tested it on friend's PSP with the same FW and settings, but with older mb and it works! Do you have some ideas? Is it possible that it doesn't run on TA-082 mb?

Thanks,
    KEXIK

make sure you run it with 1.5 kernel (install in GAME150).. check the baud settings (38400)
    If nothing else helps - check the links to a couple of checker programs in FAQ - see if it works there....

DCEmu Newbie

Yes, I run it with 1.5 kernel. I have no singal at all! Lua serial echo shows no echo. Is it possible that TA-082 dosn't have serial port pin? Is there anybody who have working mapthis on TA-082 mb?

DCEmu Newbie

I have TA-082 (IC1003 mb) and psp-290 gps. It works fine for me, i have signal after 3-6 min from 6-10 sats (Wales UK)... Kernel 3.52 (3.52 M33-2)

Quote Originally Posted by kexik View Post
    Yes, I run it with 1.5 kernel. I have no singal at all! Lua serial echo shows no echo. Is it possible that TA-082 dosn't have serial port pin?
    I doubt it..
    did you cut off the tip of the audio plug? (if so - perhaps too shot for this model?)
    also - do you use 1K resistance in the cable? - you may want to experiment with different values to see if you get signal...

DCEmu Newbie

I don't cut off tip of the audio plug because I made my own conector on double-sided board, but it is 100% correct because it is working on other PSP. Iam using 1K resistor and I tried various other but it dosn't receive serial data in homebrew. It is strange, that PSP headphone remote ctrl. is working in XMB and I tried this remote ctrl. in friend's psp where is serial working with serial echo script and when I pressed some buttons it does'n show any serial input. So headphone remote isn't using serial pin? So it is maybe possible that Sony disabled this serial pin in TA-82 or not? Is there anybody who have TA-82 motherboard working with Holux receiver?

DCEmu Newbie

Ohhhh! You are right!!! With TA-82 mobo there MUST BE audio plug INSERTED (unlike older mobos). Thanks very much for help!

Quote Originally Posted by kexik View Post
    Ohhhh! You are right!!! With TA-82 mobo there MUST BE audio plug INSERTED (unlike older mobos). Thanks very much for help!
    My preordered cable and my own (DIY project cable) works great on my third PSP that has a Ta-082 Mobo

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...96&postcount=3

I havent cut the tip off yet because i havent found any new faqs telling how mouch you have to cut off, i will not cut off my tip untill i get a 100% guide

I hate to break things that works *lol*

DCEmu Newbie

just a heads up for u PDG i've a ta082 and i've cut several tip to test it. which i conclude it will not work on a ta082 motherboard!

Quote Originally Posted by cydus21 View Post
    just a heads up for u PDG i've a ta082 and i've cut several tip to test it. which i conclude it will not work on a ta082 motherboard!
    Thanx for the info
    Ixney on the Cutting the tip of on Ta mobos then
    I really would hate myselve if i didnt figure that out myselve *Lol*

I think ill keep my tips on and just output the sound via the cable instead

thanx a lot for the info :thumbup:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information