Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: MapThis! 0.5.01 (beta)

Quote Originally Posted by Brokoslav View Post
    My config:
    PSP odler than TA082 (079 probably) running 3.40 OE-A, no plugins, 4GB red sandisk, GPS PSP290, various maps 10-200MB. Mapthis in "Game" folder.

Hi deniska. I have a freezing problem with mapthis. It freezes very often, even with last 0501 ver. It happens mainly when changing scale (up/down) of the map then only fragment of picture is drawn and it freezes. After that sometimes it even doesn't "auto power off". After restarting and running mapthis again it freezes on "Please wait while map is loading". Then various things could help me out: deleting map_pref.txt (but the file itself looks OK) or re-inserting memory stick. All other homebrews is running fine. Do you think its a problem related only with my psp or this is a bug? Sometimes it works for an 1 hour without crash and sometimes it crashes every second minute. Only thing that looks connected with this from my user point of view is a moment of tile reading (file i/o). Could it be fw related (i can up to 3.52 M33 if needed) ?
    Try upgrading FW to 3.51/52 M33 - I am running 3.51 and have not had any problems since upgrade...
    Please report your findings..

FYI, I added the source code to the archive...

FYI, I added the source code to the archive...

Excellent -
    Tonight I will homebrew-ify my new PSP

Then reinstall CYGWIN

*need to get GPS adapter off eBay ...I like the 290 myself

:thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Try upgrading FW to 3.51/52 M33 - I am running 3.51 and have not had any problems since upgrade...
    Please report your findings..
    So, i upgraded to 3.52M33 (first release). It works now! No crashes yet at all!
    The visible difference compared to my old 3.40OE-A is with the screen refreshing. When i change scale now, the tiles are redrawed very smoothly at constant speed. With my old 3.40OE-A it wasnt like that, it was "disturbed" in some way, sometimes faster or slower.
    So it looks that my problem is gone :thumbup: thank you and keep going !

just tested 5.01 and what a difference from the zoom and changing view.. no crashes so far and it's faster browsing the map... I have 3.03 oe with psp290

DCEmu Regular

Now if Deniska could add the Google Earth zoom like PSPMapviewer 2.0 it would be superb.

Or unnessesary You decide....

I'm doubting.

DCEmu Newbie

do i have to put 3.52-m33 prxs into the folder???

DCEmu Newbie

Great news about the upgrade but can anybody tell me how to get uk postcodes and directions on mapthis please,ive been trying for weeks with no success.

I've only encountered the PSP shutting itself off completely with this update. Otherwise, so far there are no problems.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm having a problem the get the Mapthis! 0.5.01 started. can anyone help me out? I'm running 3.51-M33 update #7 FW on my psp and I'm also using 3.51 FW's prx files with GPS-290. the problem that i have is every time i start mapthis and the blue start screen come up after it check everything it all says ok at the end but after "opening usb gps device....ok" it just freeze and shut itself off. and it does that everytime. can anyone tell me how to fix it? thanks

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information