Thread: Rumour Bust: PSP Lite WILL Ship With Video Cables

Blog Entries

psp Rumour Bust: PSP Lite WILL Ship With Video Cables

via spong

SPOnG can happily confirm that, despite rumours to the contrary, the PSP Lite will ship with video cables from launch in the UK.

SPOnG contacted Sony following the emergence of rumours originating from Games Radar, that the cables - which are a big selling point of the new PSP and enable games and other media to be played via a TV - won't be made available from day one. A Sony representative told us, "the PSP Slim and Lite cables will be available at launch".

It's not all sunshine and laughter, however. The other part of the rumour, which was allegedly prompted by comments from a GAME representative, has been confirmed. "...we won't have the White SKU until October", the Sony rep told us. Nightmare - as long as we get the Red Spider-Man and yellow Simpsons colour combinations we can just about live it.

DCEmu Newbie

is there a way that the phat psp could get tv out through the usb out and a prx plugin. cuz i think usb means universal

Blog Entries

video out to a pc has been done but HIGHLY doubt that it will happen on a tv.

DCEmu Newbie

ya never know
    some third party company might make a cable for the psp usb to tv out

awsome! i want a slim so much

Personally, Im not giving sony any more money. Updating the PSP with these new features is ripping off people who bought the phat for £200+ at launch. I would like to play my PSP (well, play my homebrew) on TV but its not worth the money seeing I own a Phat model.
    Plus, developer love is at an all time low now. We are all waiting for Square Enix to throw out a FFVII spinoff....
    then whats next?

Click on the sig above to visit The Playground

DCEmu Newbie

PSP slim and light is already available in our country the Philippines but there is no AV cables included. Its just core pack. The shops here are selling the core pack at about $200 (Php 11,000). The cables they said would cost at around $85 (Php 4,000). Quite expensive for cables. I'm sure there will be value packs coming. But I will try to get a slim psp the soonest because if ever it get to be downgradable, i wont wait for Sony to be selling 4.0 units. Kinda like the first PSP to arrive with version 1 firmware which was the only firmware capable of playing homebrew before.

Canada, Ruler of Patriarch of Constantinople and Vicar of the Hagia Sofia

Quote Originally Posted by ICE View Post
    video out to a pc has been done but HIGHLY doubt that it will happen on a tv.
    Unless of course you hook up your computer to your TV screen like I do to watch Movies/play games sometimes

Thread Information