Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iPod Touch to Be Next Big Homebrew Gadget

DCEmu Newbie

Good news, the ipod is faster than a ps3. Bad news, try playing pro evo 2008 on it. Or any game more complex than connect 4..............

Hmmm i dont think i would use it for homebrew, a good homebrew machine must have many buttorn, according to me that is. Its impossible to play, lets say a SNES emu.....not impossible impossible... but really hard, but the touchscreen could be useful to some apps or maybe games....as said before.... like the DS, but it still lacks the buttons to satisfy my HB gaming needs. end of line...

this is pretty cool. ill prolly pop a few bucks out for the new ipod in a month or two..

DCEmu Newbie

Actually I was thinking if someone were to make a really nice homebrew FTP client to take advantage of the WiFi capabilities then I would be able to manage my music collection on the iPod and transfer back and forth from my personal FTP server from anyplace with a WiFi connection. That would be AWESOME!!!

I'm still trying to find a similar application for my PSP to do the same thing though with no luck...too stupid to figure out where the FTP client in FA++ is I guess.

Homebrew or not. It still looks to be a pretty kickass iPod.

Looks great but not my type of thing

Oh, yeah, super. I'm creaming my pants... What are you all that dumb. Apple is the most disgusting company in the world. You cannot replace the batteries on these products from apple. You buy a warranty with it and you still have to pay an extra $50 to replace your crappy ipod or iphone battery. So, you will waiste your money for a ipod, warranty, and service charges to fix it. Apple uses nickel plated batteries that have a recharge life of 2 years maybe 3, Sony- Lithium-ion batteries that lasts up to 10 years and you can replace yourself... F#ck apple and there crappy products. Even when the company Tiger made those crappy handhelds you could replace the batteries, not
    Apple, its called a monopoly people, and nobody can say otherwise. Don't waiste your time or money with apple, you are getting ripped off...

DCEmu Rookie

As others have said, emulation gaming on this would be gruesome, with the possible exception of SCUMMVM. Of course DS games designed for purely stylus use would make decent ports, assuming the hardware is up to it.

Apps could be nice though. For example Colors (what a great app) and AXE (another personal DS fave).

The hardware looks beautiful, as expected of Apple. Although they steal other people's software ideas something rotten, then claim them as their own (and berate others for "copying Apple"), when it comes to hardware aesthetics, where Apple leads others follow.

Having said that, my DS Lite in black is still probably the sexiest piece of hardware I own!! I buff it shiny on a regular basis :-)

Screw the ipod touch. The iPhone could be the ultimate. With bluetooth it could use any amount of SIXAXIS's for controllers and it could have a bluetooth keyboard and mouse for internet and games. I just hope these things have av out.

Hello

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information