Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dosbox V0.7.1 10/09/2007 - DOS Emulator For PSP

Blog Entries

psp Dosbox V0.7.1 10/09/2007 - DOS Emulator For PSP

CrazyC has posted up a new binary of his Dos Emulator for the PSP, heres what he posted:

I've put up a new version that adds a new option to the sdl section called keyhint. When set to true, the first button press will display a hint about what key you will get with the second button press. If the key you want isn't there you can cancel by pressing cross. It currently flickers a bit, but I'll fix that soon. Hopefully this will tide people over until I can put a full osk in..

Download Links

0.71 patch
    0.71 binary (rename to EBOOT.PBP if you have to)
    0.71 conf file

Download Above and Give Feedback/Compatability Reports Via Comments

DCEmu Pro

that's kinda why i made this video

for more information, visit it's youtube destination by clicking any part of the still-image with the play button. but if you click the play button, your next chance is the end of the movie

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Sterist View Post
    that's kinda why i made this video
    hmm, well a video of non importance ... who "seriously" wants to put PAPER into an optical drive? I doubt any1 ... anyway, this video seriously has NOTHING to do with the news PERIOD

I don't get the purpose of that video, the kb layout was from another source.

A few words of text ('Print, fold, store in UMD drive') would have the exact same effect.

I can't wait for a full OSK for dosbox.

hehehe ye the movie was more of a laugh the first time I saw it but now it's just a bit odd finding it in here.

lets try get back to the subject... yet another DOSbox release? I'v seen loads of them but have been waiting for the OSK but I just can't wait anymore. I must give it a go now so I can play ancient art of war, sweeeeeet!

so do I just rename dosbox to eboot.pbp? what is the patch for?

thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Default patch

what do u do with the dosbox patch

I can't get it to work at all are there no installation instructions?

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
    hmm, well a video of non importance ... who "seriously" wants to put PAPER into an optical drive? I doubt any1 ... anyway, this video seriously has NOTHING to do with the news PERIOD

how could it possibly have nothing to do with it? or should i say how could you not possibly see that they're both solutions to the p-sprint keyboard layout?

Spoiler!

Installation of dosbox patch:

1. right click the binary link and select Save Target

2. change the bottom drop-down to "All Files"

3. save it as EBOOT.PBP and install it on ms0 like any other eboot.

4. for first time users and people using old versions - download the "0.71 conf file" and put it in the same folder as the eboot

Thanks for that Sterist but when I do this it says the file is corrupt on my PSP

Is there nothing else Im supposed to download? this is the first time Im running dosbox, are the seriously no readme files on this? I saw in another forum that some1 was thinking of making one, surely there has to be one...

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Spotfist View Post
    Thanks for that Sterist but when I do this it says the file is corrupt on my PSP

Of course it says that ... since the file you downloaded is in a way different ehm .. let's call it 'computer language' and your PSP doesn't understand it. It's an ELF file, but your PSP need a PBP file.

@Sterist: to tell s/o to "rename" the file is just dumb ... it's like renaming a *.jpg file to *.mp3 and wondering why u don'T hear music ...

@Spotfist: You have to compile the file by using elf2pbp, a small application. It#s kinda complicated to explain. I'd suggest you download the following file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/54946549...10.09.2007.rar

It's an easy to use, compiled version of DosBox. Unzip it and install it like any other emulator for the PSP I made this for ppl. who don't know how to comile elf files or are just lazy

In the rar file are three folders. The elf2pbp3 one is the application to compile elf files with, the DosBox folder is a folder that has to be copied to the root of your memory stick (e.g. x:\, IF x is thre drive letter of your PSP) and the other one is called PSP. Just copy that one to the root of your memstick, too ... in it is the DosBox emulator itself.

After you've selected DosBox in ur XMB, it'll automatically start "Dos Navigator", which enables you to load DOS games without the need of typing anything. Very handy.

Additionally, specially for you I added my very first version of a manual for DosBox. Don't expect too much, since I just started to write it and ist's far from complete. But It'll at least explain to you how to compile future releases of DosBox and it'll tell you something about how to copy old DOS games to your memorystick and play them.

Read the manual and then u'll know where to copy DOS games in order to run them, etc.

I'd be kinda nice if u'd let me know what u think of the manual itself and IF you have further questions, tell me

Oh, and here some additional information:

the rar archive, like the pdf are password protected. Both of PWs are "Murdock". I just don't want every1 to copy it and use it ... anyway, ppl. wanting to do that will do it of course, but ... whatever ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information