Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Details on the "Killer " Handheld

Blog Entries

Reviews Details on the "Killer " Handheld

It must be a year since i found out about a new project from CraigIX (Owner of the former GBAX.com Shop - Best one in Europe for DS etc) and now owner of GP2X UK.

Now because sites like Engadget have made the news public and got it wrong a tad too then i thought it was about time i posted what i know about the handheld that has been told to me will be more powerful than the PSP.

The handheld is not being made by Gamepark so thats one rumour dead. Craigix and some others are behind it and most likely it will be made in China (not 100% confirmed). The Console will be Linux Based again (like the GP2X). It will have a decent 2D and 3D Graphics Chip. I gather it will have a very nice 128MB of Ram, it will use SD Cards. It will have a touchscreen. TV Out will also be an option. The screen is rumoured to be 800x400 resolution, i understand that Sony/Sharp have the deets on the 480 screen. Wifi is also on the cards.

The console at this time doesnt have a Public name but sometime in October we will know for sure. It promises to be an exceptional console for homebrew and other items not 100% confirmed are some kind of keyboard too.

The price im told will be around the Ģ150.

Like everything things change but it sounds a mouthwatering console, taking the ideas for the GP2X and features from the PSP/DS and making what could be a Dream Homebrew Handheld that doubles as a Console too.

Digg This

Discuss this more in our Forums for this as yet unamed handheld.

DCEmu Newbie

sounds pretty good, cant wait to see that hand held in action and see how good it is in 3D graphics, since its better than the PsP/DS?

it be pretty cool if it had wide screen as well.

DCEmu Regular

Cool! I will surely buy one, if it's supported from coders.

It would be really cool if it could run something like Ubuntu. Portable Linux FTW.

Also, Amiga, DOSBOX and others with Keyboard and mouse... w00t.

800x400 is really big for a handheld, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by -Xandu- View Post
    yes.
    Perhaps it will be styled sort of like a laptop or a tablet pc? Sounds like an ugly choice for gaming to me.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by -Xandu- View Post
    it is the screen resolution it donsenīt men the sise if the screen just it will have
    800x400 resolution

I've always loved the idea of the GP handhelds, but I dont see them ever being a true competitor in the handheld game or handlheld pc markets. Unless its done right, this will most likely make very little waves in a very tight niche market. I want a fast linux based handheld just as bad as the next geek, but I want something taht will fit in my pocket! The GP2x was a big boy. This guy should team with Ben Heckerdon or whatever his name is and get the look really down. Honestly - my dream handheld right now would be the iphone, if only it was fully hacked to run linux. I think it would be wise to try and copy as much of the look of that device as possible. We don't need mobile phone capability, but if I can IM my buddy using aMSN on the go - i won't need one!

The keyboard idea is definately interesting, but cellphones and umpc's still haven't really gotten that right.

It's definately tittilating news! I really hope it's done right. Not that I'm trying to bring negativety here, I'm hoping some of my suggestions will be noted. Big = bad..

I dream the day when I can compile a game on my handheld device, and run it immediately after

ooo - this is interesting.. what about if it integrated bluetooth? then it could talk to different cellphones, and also use a PS3 or Wii controller when its hooked up to your TV set!

Wow, looks like this IS gonna be the killer handheld after all!
    But man, 800x400?

This is brilliant I realy can't wait to have one now !!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information