Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official PSP System Software Update 3.70 out now.

This is gonna be hacked soon no doubt.

well, with sony's custom themes I might consider upgrading my 3.40OE to 3.70-M33 when it comes out

DCEmu Pro

The 3.30 decrypter (which worked on 3.52, I think) crashes when loading this update, so a new one will have to be developed in order to make anything from it.

This worries PSPdemon and me, though:
    The item where at this idea contest has been attached is applied to just the PSP-2000 series.

It seems custom themes are only for the PSP-2000? If it is, that is bulletproof proof that Sony is starting to let original PSP owners bite the dust. They want us to buy a new, Slim one to get all the "awesome" features and for the coolness. Sony can eat my dust.

Axelius: You are still on 3.40-OE
    Haven't you realized that M33 is great already

On topic

So where do you put the themes, they have custom topmenus (even if they only change colors) so at some point the ones we have should work,

But I don't see waves (maybe is too much to ask LOL)

I think they're only the icons and maybe the 01-12.bmp image wich are customizable (it is still great)

The other features are amazing (but should have been there since the begining)

# A scene search feature has been added under [Video].

#Sequential playback is now supported under [Video].

# Simultaneous playback of content under [Music] and [Photo] is now supported.

Does this mean I can now watch pictures while listening to music, Hope I'm right with this one

At last sony does something useful, my god I'm thinking about updating to official firmware just to see this things (maybe not, cause I don't have a pandora battery, but soon)

Damn, the themes are single files in some ".ptf" format, hope someone skilled enough could work around this, Team M33 I know it's too much to ask since the 3.60 M33 release for the slim was yesterday, but I hope you're working on this, Thanx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by blackrave View Post
    This worries PSPdemon and me, though:
    The item where at this idea contest has been attached is applied to just the PSP-2000 series.

It seems custom themes are only for the PSP-2000? If it is, that is bulletproof proof that Sony is starting to let original PSP owners bite the dust. They want us to buy a new, Slim one to get all the "awesome" features and for the coolness. Sony can eat my dust.
    Dont worry, they work fine, I updated one of my PSP's and tried it out earlier, theme's work great and pandora can restore back to 1.50

Quote Originally Posted by mike_jmg View Post
    Damn, the themes are single files in some ".ptf" format, hope someone skilled enough could work around this, Team M33 I know it's too much to ask since the 3.60 M33 release for the slim was yesterday, but I hope you're working on this, Thanx in advance
    I gave Darkstone (from irc.malloc.us #wtf ) a dump of my 3.70 nand earlier and he is looking into the .ptf formats, hopefully he may find something that will allow us to create our own to run on this or any future custom versions of this firmware.

Mike..

DCEmu Pro

Thanks for all the information, mikebeaver! I, personally, can't be bothered to install this firmware for now with so few new, important features, but I'm looking forward to see what is made out of it.

thanks on the info mikebeaver

Well Sony is still taking ideas from PSP homebrew and hacking scenes. I think they're trying to make Their firmware seem better, but they've done something we take advantage of now we could use this for applying our own custom themes in a safer way once this has been hacked.

these sound like some fun updates, and the lack of "security updates" sounds promising

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information