Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psp Brightness Fix For Ta-082,and Ta-086's

Blog Entries

psp Psp Brightness Fix For Ta-082,and Ta-086's

News/release from Cobra11Merderer

If you want to try this, do so at your own risk.
    --------------(THIS WILL ALSO FIX THE RECOVER LIGHT ISSUE)--(BACK UP YOUR FLASH0 FOR LATER REFERENCE)---------------

This fix is for PSP systems that have the brightness problem. To test if you PSP has the brightness problem, you can either:

1. Start a 1.50 firmware homebrew program on your PSP (like an emulator) and press the brightness button a few times.

2. Access recovery mode and press the brightness button a few times. <- probably the easiest way to check. PSPs with the brightness problem will have the backlight in the recovery mode or homebrew games go in reverse: e.g the Backlight may go: 4, 3, 2, 1, off or 3, 2, 1, off instead of 1, 2, 3 or 1, 2, 3, 4 as the PSP should normally do. (Note: 1 is the dimmest settings and 4 is the brightest setting)

If your PSP doesn't have this 'brightness problem' you do not need to apply this fix.

Applying this will also fix a small 'clock' bug: Before applying the fix, when the time is 12:xx AM or 12:xx PM and you are running 1.50 homebrew, when you press the 'home' button the clock will show 0: xx AM / 0: xx PM after applying this fix you will see 12: xx AM / 12: xx PM instead.

This modification uses 128kb of your flash0 and uses unencrypted versions of 3 files from 2.70 instead of the 3 files from 1.50. You will need to re-apply this fix everytime you install a new custom firmware. e.g if you update from 3.10 OE-A to 3.40 OE-A you need to apply the fix. You shouldn't need to re-apply the fix after minor updates like 3.10 OE-A to 3.10 OE-A'.
    (YOU CAN APPLY THIS TO 3.51M33 IT WILL WORK)
    (DO NOT APPLY TO 3.51M33-7 OR UP)

Required Files: TA-082/TA-086 Brightness Fix files:
    Download:Download
    Or
    Download:MIRROR

1. Download the 'Brightness.rar' and extract it to a folder on your Desktop.

2. Fully turn off your PSP by holding the power button for 4 seconds.

3. Turn on your PSP while holding the 'R' button, your PSP will enter the 'Recovery mode'.

4. Connect a 'USB Cable' to your computer and to your PSP.

5. Highlight the 'Advanced' menu and press 'X', highlight 'Toggle USB (flash0)'

6. Open 'My Computer' and single right click the new 'Drive Letter' ( e.g Removable Disk E: ) and choose "Properties"

7. Check that the 'Free Space' left is 128kb (131072 bytes) or higher. The space left on 3.10 OE-A' should be about 400kb and 3.40 OE-A is about 240kb If you have 128kb or more free space on flash0: then you will have enough space to apply this fix. Press 'Cancel' to close the 'Properties' window.

8. Make a new folder somewhere on your Desktop and name it something like 'Brightness Fix Original files' This folder will store the 'original files' as a backup. If you find that the fix doesn't work correctly you can always copy the original files back to your PSP.

9. Double click the 'Removable Disk' to open it, next double click the 'kd' folder (Thats not a spelling mistake, you need to open the 'kd' folder, not the 'kn' folder) 10. Copy the 4 files you extracted from the RAR file in step 1 and paste them into the 'kd' folder. (The files already have the correct name, You do not need to rename any of the files.) display270.prx + impose270.prx + lcdc270.prx + pspbt_game.txt and the pspbtcnf_updater.txt

11. On your PSP, select 'Toggle USB (flash0)' to disable the 'USB Connection'

12. Disconnect the USB Cable from your PSP and your computer.

13. Exit Recovery mode and start a 'Firmware 1.50' homebrew. e.g The Radio app

Your brightness problem should be fixed...

Updates:
    (I Have Added An Extra File That Will Make The Brightness Issue Go Away In Recovery Mode)
    (This must be applyed every time you update your psp on CFW,UNLESS ITS SOMETHING LIKE IE OR ECT.)

POSSIBLE TO BRICK YOUR PSP
    Useing this could brick your psp,or semi brick your psp,so dont alter any of the files an any way.

(DO AS THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY.AND YOU WONT BRICK )

Download Above

via Cobra11Merderer

This is not new. Someone else made this and posted this on lan.st months ago, and cobra copied and gave no credit.
    Btw there is no reason to do this anymore. 3.52 M33 does it automatically.

Please delete this thread.

i remember this too but dont pick on wraggy hes just a little behind thats all lol.

DCEmu Newbie

new or not, this worked. thanks!!!

DCEmu Legend

The fact that this is built into the M33 firmware makes that the easiest solution if you ask me.

DCEmu Regular

Nope, wrong.
    M33 will only fully fix the prob if key 0x0008 is exist. It only fixed the XMB side but homebrew still stuffed.

I got Silver PSP-1000 TA-086 & hella lot of stuffed/missing ID keys coz its downgraded by the idiot seller.
    Mine wasnt there & Chilly Willy pointed out that I needed key 0x0008. To make that key, use IDStorageManager.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nocuddle View Post
    Nope, wrong.
    M33 will only fully fix the prob if key 0x0008 is exist. It only fixed the XMB side but homebrew still stuffed.

I got Silver PSP-1000 TA-086 & hella lot of stuffed/missing ID keys coz its downgraded by the idiot seller.
    Mine wasnt there & Chilly Willy pointed out that I needed key 0x0008. To make that key, use IDStorageManager.
    Can u tell me how to do this. I bought a blue downgraded psp from success HK (superufo). I always have the brightness problems, even with 3.52 M33-4. Please tell me how to fix this and make key 0x0008. thanx in advance

You know i've been looking for this thread for ages and then it pops out of no where.

Cobra11Merderer DID NOT make this.

Here are the original links, which Cobra11Merderer gave no credit to:
    http://lan.st/showpost.php?p=4640&postcount=51
    and
    http://lan.st/showpost.php?p=5271&postcount=96

Quote Originally Posted by Vadd
    Yes, it is. I have done so, but it is a VERY delicate change. My brightness works correctly in everything but the recovery screen now. This is very dangerous if you mess up any of these steps you will have a brick. In fact, I recommend nobody trying this. This has however fixed my brightness in homebrew for the TA-082 3,2,1,off brightness problem and been tested in 1 other non-TA-082 PSP.

1) Get a copy of the 2.70 update eboot
    2) Extract the data.psar file from it via PBP Unpacker
    3) Use a psardumper program to extract 2.70 DECRYPTED (option square i think)
    4) Take out 3 files: display.prx, impose.prx, and lcdc.prx and rename them to display270.prx, impose270.prx, and lcdc270.prx
    5) Go to the recovery screen and go to the advanced option and turn on the USB to access flash0
    6) Add the display270.prx, impose270.prx, lcdc270.prx files to flash0:/kd/ (DO NOT ALTER THE EXISTING DISPLAY.PRX, IMPOSE.PRX, or LCDC.PRX OR YOU WILL BRICK)
    7) After this you need to modify this file "flash0:/kd/pspbtcnf_game.txt" and ONLY this file. This is the ONLY file that will be modified in the whole process.

Change the following lines:

/kd/lcdc.prx TO /kd/lcdc270.prx
    /kd/ge.prx #/kd/display.prx TO /kd/display270.prx #/kd/display.prx
    /kd/impose.prx TO /kd/impose270.prx

8) Safely eject the USB on the PC
    9) Toggle off flash0 USB

This modification uses about 100kb of your flash0 and uses unencrypted versions of 3 files from 2.70 instead of the 3 files from 1.50. The normal space left from 3.10 OE-A' is about 400kb. This change should be undone before doing anything firmware related such as custom firmware updates by deleting the three 270 files and reverting "pspbtcnf_game.txt".

Sorry to repeat myself, but this change has only been tested on 2 PSPs with success (although it had no effect on the non TA-082 one) and 0 bricks (the brick by squirrel was from a seperate test after this one was successful). I have turned my PSP off for hours and it still runs after the change. IF you want to try this do so at your own risk.

DO NOT MODIFY OR REPLACE ANYTHING BUT pspbtcnf_game.txt
    Quote Originally Posted by matchung
    if you modify the pspbtcnf_updater.txt same as pspbtcnf_game.txt (lcdc/impose/display), the brightness order and 4th level will resume normal in recovery mode.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bxking_95 View Post
    Can u tell me how to do this. I bought a blue downgraded psp from success HK (superufo). I always have the brightness problems, even with 3.52 M33-4. Please tell me how to fix this and make key 0x0008. thanx in advance
    You need Key Cleaner to check if any of your keys are corrupted. Although this method isnt necessary but you can find out if your key 8 is missing or not. You can use IDSM too but I believe KC is much easier to use.

http://forums.exophase.com/showthrea...t=1238&page=19

Then run IDSM & create key 8 from there (if urs missing).

http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=937

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information